Dodge Viper SRT-10 2009

Yup, pleas dont think i was ripping on your model, but you have expressed acuracy was your goal, so i figured id point that out. it truely is looking amazing. i love the 2009 ACR. i was considdering it for a short time myself when i was unable to find working blue prints for the 2013. and technically i still havent found them cuz im modeling a 2013 SRT TA which is slightely different.

its looking real good man and im excited to see what it looks like as a 2009 ACR.

The viper is my favorite car ever, anyone mind telling me where to go for decent reference photos?

I’ve looked around but anything really truly good I had to pay for and I don’t currently have the budget for it.

I need to model one for a project I’m working on.

<.<;

wow… another viper. google is my best suggestion. when it prompts, middle click “visit webpage”. this will open the webpage in a new tab, then do the same for “view image” to see just the image. this is a good way of finding sites that show the cars. so this everytime you see a picture that MIGHT work as a reference image and the same site might have more good working ones aswell. without knowing which model yo uwant to make i cant give any specific sites.

My favorite was the '96 GT. I like the 2013 but I’m not a fan of the hood so much.

I plan to sci-fi the hell out of this thing, so worry not! Partially why I haven’t picked a specific model - I want to get a lot of the edges and flows down and then make it look almost like a concept car without it being garbage.

I’ve been doing some work on the headlights. I still can’t tell what is going on in the section the arrow is pointing to.

In all of the reference images I have looked at, the material is too reflective to make out what the shapes are.

Alright, I remodeled the rims. They are now the ACR rims. I am going to try to finish off the headlights and then work on the fins that are on the front of the ACR.

P.S. All of the materials are placeholders for now.

EDIT: Whoops, I just realized that I forgot to add the air valve to inflate the tire.
EDIT2: And I also forgot to add “SRT” engraved in one of the spokes of the rim.

That wheel looks so good I’d like to eat it… Wait wth is wrong with me?

About that part of the light, you got the shape right except for the part where it closes. For what I’ve seen, its not flat, but more dome-shaped. It aalso looks kinda polygonal, as if it was flat shaded. Hope it helps.

Ref: http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/233/b/e/Dodge_Viper_ACR_by_TheCarloos.jpg

Thanks, Impreza09
I fixed part that of the light but I am not quite done with it. I also began modelling the composite “wings” on the front of the ACR version.

Looking forward to seeing this wrapped up! Nice work! :smiley:

Yeah, i think lights are perfect now.

Okay, so I am redoing the tires yet again (just the tread not the rims). I am going to use the tires that actually come with the ACR: Michelin Pro Pilot Sport Cup. I have got the tires mostly modeled but I can’t find a bump for the sidewall. In this image you can see what it should look like:

Does anyone have the texture that I could use? Or is there a tutorial that I could follow that would show me how to create the texture myself?

If it is a tutorial I would love to know (pm me a link maybe) as I am having the exact same trouble with my Audi

Okay, I’m back.

I’ve made a few tweaks to the car such as improving the spoiler (which still needs more work) and the exhaust pipes. Additionally, I modeled two Michelin tires 19x13 (back) and 18x10 (front) and changed the rims to fit. I have also decided to begin modeling the interior of the car (to an extent). The interior that I have right now is extremely basic and very inaccurate. I have decided to begin by modeling the steering wheel:

It isn’t perfect, but it will do for now. Rendering interior shots is one of my long-term goals for this project. Since that is the case, I only need the interior to be detailed enough so that it looks realistic when viewed through the windows from the outside (for now). Next I will model the seats and the center console.

I don’t have any blueprints for the interior so I am modeling off of reference images so there will definitely be some amount of inaccuracy in the proportions of the objects. I anyone has any tips to reduce these errors I would love to hear them.

P.S. I am still looking for a sidewall texture for Michelin Pro Pilot Sport Cup tires.

i know the feeling about the interior. the interior is sorta the focus of mine so im working very hard to refuse to let it kick my ass.

you may need to make the tire bump yourself in inkscape or something. content is the hard part. finding what all goes on it. actually making it is rather easy. personally i wouldnt have hone with this tire. firstly because its sub par to most pirellis unless you buy the tires for the “bugatti super sport” which cost over 20 thousand dollars a pop.as far as aftermarket goes this feels like a downgrade to me. the car comes with pirelli corsas which have a very good reputation and are whats called semislicks… meaning its a shorter tread with larger smoother treads that help with traction. i am working on a bump map for it right now. if you are curious what they look like you can look at my viper thread near the end and see what the tires look like.

EDIT…
i just looked up dodge viepr acrs and am seeing a great deal of them using pirellis and toyos. unless you are modeling out the 24thousand dollar tire they use on bugattis, than i dont think the stock tires are a huge plus to this car. i think you will find them hard to model (because i tried) and it in most cases is something people would have changed out 5 days after purchasing the car.

Too late, I already modeled them…

I modeled the Michelin tires because all of the ACR photos that I could find had these tires on them. I kept the Toyo tires though, so I can easily just put those on instead. I just thought that I would go with a tire that I knew came with the car (even if they are stock tires) rather than use a tire that might not be meant for the car. But if you say that the Toyo tires fit with the car I might just use those, it would save me the trouble of creating a sidewall texture.

They look good.

i dont mean to push, but i found ACRs using pirellis in the first 5 photos of their tires on google… so all tha ACR photos you could find wasnt a whole lot i dont think.

i think your gonn have to make your own bump though.

toyo tires dont inherently fit with the car, but they ARE aftermarket and have pleanty of semi slick options that would provide great traction with minimal slip on wet surfaces. if you are going for the off the lot look or promotional look than obviously your right and stock tires would be proper, but performance wise id throw some pzeros or toyos on there.

Last update for tonight: here is the updated seat.

Not perfect, but again, details will come later if/when I get around to doing interior shots.

Here is the placeholder interior about 50% complete. There are still a few tweaks to make and details to add in but it is almost there.

Edit: Got a little ahead of myself. I also need to add in the interior of the doors and roof. Probably more like 25% done…

Updated interior. Still more details to model but it’s coming along.

lookin sweet