0rAngE Sketchbook

khalibloo, bonrw1, jamesdelrose, Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

3DNeksus, Thanks! Regarding the GIFs, you guessed right. I create them from saved files, so having a good number of saves is required.

Since I can’t code, I push through manual labor.
It’d be cool to have a script for this. I can edit python and understand some simple scripts to a degree, but writing something from scratch would be a whole nother level.

In a nutshell, you setup your views then ‘Open’ your files consecutively. The trick is to uncheck ‘Load UI’ in the ‘Open File’ window (this will leave your views consistent for all files). Take a screenshot, repeat. Create GIF from all the screenshots.

I have been asked this already, but opted to reply with PM, and not post the block of text here, I might just as well post it here if other’s are interested in the step-by-step.

This is using Windows and PS.

• Split your Blender window to as many views you want to have in your timelapse. Use your sculpt to position each of the views. Save this (in case you crash or screw up with ‘Load UI’, so you can continue without a glitch).
  • CTRL + O (Open)
  • Uncheck ‘Load UI’ (important, this keeps your views intact)
  • Load first file
  • Alt+PrntScrn (this takes screenshot of the active window only)
  • Open PS, CTRL+N, CTRL+V
    loop from here
  • Alt + TAB to get back to Blender
  • CTRL + O (Open)
  • Uncheck ‘Load UI’
  • press ‘+’ to the left of ‘Open Blender File’; ‘Open Blender File’ (you can use this line only if you use sequential numbering for saved files, otherwise you have to click on the next file you want to load)
  • Alt+PrntScrn
  • Alt + TAB to get back to PS
  • CTRL + V
    repeat loop