1.000.000.000 people live in chronic hunger

So 1 billion people are starving… well, there are roughly 6 billion people on the planet right?
16% isn’t so bad =P

Right;
What actually went wrong? Planning or Education or lack of Resources?
i don’t think that religion has anything to do with this issue.

6.9 billions, so close to 7 actually.

Well there you go, down to 14% already. Good work people.

Religion is in every situation a problem…even in Africa.

Some pretty heated debate here, parts of it even pushing the forum rules it seems.

It would seem to me the main solution would not be just things like education and not things that go as far as forced sterilization. Education would be a part of it but problems like this has many facets and need a well-rounded solution taking into account all the parts of the problem.

How about working to double the air’s Co2 content for starters, this will increase productivity (as it seems to in the last few years caused a step up in productivity in our neighborhood’s mulberry, hackberry, birch, and a few other species of trees)

Then I’ve read of a study called the primieval code which apparently certain aspects of plants can be supercharged via an electical field, the researchers reporting stalks with 6 ears of corn and wheat ready to harvest in 6 to 8 weeks.

Combine that with education, work to encourage smaller family sizes, utilizing new technology to reproduce the super soil once used in the Amazon known as terra-preta ect…

Yes of course there is enough food. you just can’t get those africans to eat.
Food Security Statistics
Nutritional status Children
food deprivation intensity statistics

Eris: I’ll wait for Tyrant Monkey’s word on that, he’s doing a good job in debunking long-standing stereotypes about Africa and its people.

Like I said. UN statistics are unreliable. Give me other papers that a third party organization also did those numbers.

Once a lie roots it’s dangerous to tell the truth.

More food wouldn’t solve the problem. Increasing the population earth can sustain would only delay the problem. Because unless we reduce the high birth rates it would only increase the population on earth which would lead to more people starving when earth once again can’t sustain anymore humans.

Which is why i’m against gene-manipulated food.

Not food and water, try mineral resources. Seeing as we all stuck on Africa at the moment (Lord we must have a monopoly on poverty or something). We have a lot of mineral resources here which unfortunately bank rolls are lot wars and conflicts. There is no need for USA or Russia to poke or prode anyone to fight, when the people fighting know that the chaos of wars allows them to loot and plunder with impunity. Most Governments here tend to be far too weak to effectivly put down insurrections. So wars tend to be protracted affairs, forgotten wars in a way. And most governments also tend not to be shining examples of good governance, corruption is effective in ensuring that a lot of aid money never reaches the people its intended to help. Government ministers on this continent love their bling, its all about the Mercs, Rolex, Swiss bank accounts and sending the wife on shopping trips to Paris or where ever.

Take a look at that FAO map and note the country in the deepest shade of red the Democratic Republic of Congo, the only one with that color, That country has so many resources and potential worth that it completely blogges the mind when you read about it, trust me the minerals in that country would make even mineral rich Australia envious. But this potential is wasted when it goes into lining the pockets of a connected few and funds wars that are all about controlling that wealth.

If you read most fact books on that country you will find out that they only farm about 10% of their arable land. Like I said its hard to farm when you are been shot at. Most of the countries in red about 70% of them have suffered or are currently suffering some form of political instability. The others 30% chronically underfund their own agricultural sectors.

But some of the other countries suffer from a more insidious problem. There is plenty of food to go around but it cost a heck of a lot of money. Its no good when the shops are packed full of food but people can’t afford to buy. Most of the countries in the deeper shades of yellow and quiet possibly most of the Asian countries suffer from that problem. Plenty of food but little but to no money to buy it.

Why not just leave Africa to the lions, and invite Africas population into Russia. Lots of space and a goverment that can keep the people in check.

You even have a conspiracy theory for UN inflating numbers of the poor?:eek:

If you only talk when theres proof than give me proof for any of the crap you’ve said in this thread so far, rather than simply just rejecting the statistics i direct you to.
Give me proof that those statistics are wrong. or that “UN sponsors war”. or that “kids aren’t dying of hunger”.

i wasn’t stereotyping africa(ns) you fool!

Yes! Climate also played a significant role.

they have hope only if some one find something useful, like crude oil or something.

I wish another Mother Teresa was there to help them.

If i was infected with Malaria, i wont be dead.

Where did the Technology went, that was suppose to give a better life for us?

They die from that too, but surely they die of hunger: they don’t have your bowl of Kellogs ready for breakfast, perhaps not even some beans or bread every day. But as you cruelly noticed, if they don’t die and are fed, as soon as they are 12, they will be parents to 5 more kids.

Life is harsh and people can’t simply behave like rabbits. OTOH, if they don’t reproduce frantically like this, they risk simply going extinct. People will fight for life in any possible way, and that may mean just reproducing like rabbits. It’s a winning strategy as far as evolution has shown so far.

Bright, intelligent people should fight back with this same strategy: having more kids, not less. Otherwise, rabbits will rule the Earth…

that depends on Tyrant Monkey being of African descent or European…

Lack of food + exponentially increasing population = starving Africans.

Why just Russia ? Why not Europe, China (I mean Asia), Australia, the Americas, Middle East etc. This mass migration (enforced invitation ??) can also help aleviate some global tension, create jobs (teaching, optimising systems, bureacracy and so one) Then leave Africa as a huge national park with strict permits required to extract minerals, maybe a huge mutinational farm or something. Surely the world is big enough to completely empty one continent, and have this as wonderland where hippies, scientists, tourists and the likes go to.

Kbot, while it may be admirable to make all of Africa one giant preserve where countless types of animals can live in peace without disruption, moving all 1 billion people out of Africa and then tearing down the cities and infrastructure would be almost impossible nonetheless cost perhaps a few trillion dollars at the least.

Thanks AD - I should have contemplated that before posting. You are right on that count. All the best!