10 Cubes Challenge Gorilla (updated rule compliant)

Update: I made a rule compliant version, and now I am happy, as it looks like a gorilla and not as a french poodle anymore.

Maybe you’ll get to animals in upcoming prompts, but it was my inspiration right away.

Gorilla
So I like strict rules yes, but also imagination. I made the fur using cubes, then I am only bending the rules at using particles (note: I did use only one material everywhere)

You might find it also looks like a french poodle :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :thinking:
Perhaps you will find the title “French Poodle” :dog2: more adequate (or also a “Sheep” :rofl:)
The funny thing is that indeed shapewise they are pretty similar :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

But the idea came out pretty much like it was in my head
Had fun with this challenge and hope everyone involved will have a great time

10 Likes

Fun is the goal, so mission accomplished!

1 Like

Fun and following rules! Double mission accomplished!

1 Like

I actually like the new one even more!

2 Likes

Thanks, me too :blush: I knew I was close to something cool. Good suprise was that edge of the cube coming out and helped me create eyebrows, helping further in the expression of the gorila, and the simple material texture really completed the look.

1 Like

Are those all true cubes too, no scaling? if so, that is extra impressive!

1 Like

Well evenly scaled, so yes! Pure cubes, thanks for noticing :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The cube for the brow and head is a really good idea

2 Likes

I was “lucky” with that: if you look at the development, you can see that I started with particles to imitate the fur, breaking the challenges rules. Then, when I removed the particles fur, the cube over the head was sticking out already but hidden by the fur earlier. When I saw the cube there, I knew the 10 cubes gorilla could reach full potential :blush:

2 Likes