Thanks and hats off to the devs downloads.

You don’t have to do anything in the registry, just edit the file type program association (In Explorer: Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types) to make sure there are quotes around the argument (path/to/blender “%1”). This is valid for linux too albeit with different syntax.

Also, if you try again, note the full error message. If it’s what I’m thinking about, you’ll notice an incomplete path like this:

Martin

We don’t have plans for another release before 2.50.

Martin

ohhhh , so i think it will take 8 months !!! , but it deserves a long time !!!

Doing it now for 2.47 seems to work (to an extent) Thank you. However, I’m 98% certain I also did that for 2.46, I even edited that path manually in the registry I think, and triplechecked it was correct… EDIT: by that I meant, first changed it in the explorer, didn’t work, changed it some other way, didn’t work, changed it some other way, didn’t work, changed it in the registry as a last resort, didn’t work./EDIT

For most files now however it works, only files in my home folder, which is actually a network drive, don’t work… Other files from other networkdrives DO work.
This is the error message.

Shot at 2008-08-26
Either way, 2.47 is usable for me now. Thank you.

Hi
Is the windows installer also for the windows 64bit systems ?
Cheers

There’s no 2.47 64 bit release for windows.

There’s experimental win64 support in trunk though, so you can try that if you really need it.

Martin

Seems like part of the path is wrongly repeated.

If you want to test this further, you could open a command console and try to input the full path manually like this:

c:/path/to/blender.exe "c:/full/path/to/your/file.blend"

If it doesn’t load, check if the path in the error message matches the one you entered.

Martin