2.48 is out. Get it!

Being able to read sometimes is a clear advantage jk

Right under the Windows x64 download, which i suppose you downloaded is a nasty text saying:

“If you have troubles running Blender on Windows, receiving an error message like"The Application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0150002 )” while trying to starting Blender, then download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64). "

“Being able to read sometimes is a clear advantage.” Ouch… that hurt…

But indeed, my excitement just made me read the “Blender 2.48 Zip Archive, Requires Windows 2000/XP/Vista” and off I went. My bad.
Thanks Arexma for pointing that “small print” out to me…

Bugger! That package requires admin rights to install. No 2.48 for me I guess…

I may be being totally thick but I can only see 2.47 to download. Is it me?

Thats why i appended the JK :stuck_out_tongue:

Seems i am overexited too.
The 2.48x64 win build seems to defy death…
I kept getting no PY installed ^^

Well, py2.6 is great but the x64 build is built with py2.5.2
so you have to install 2.5.2 and i don´t think it will work with the x32 so i installed
pyhton-2.5.2.amd64 right away. and works like a charm. if anybody runs into this trouble.

I am glad the blender console is that communicative :smiley:
For the google lazy ones, pick your py version here:
http://www.python.org/download/

i forgot to thank the devs :smiley:

Toooooooooooooo Bad a news for Blender Lovers
I think I am better in that way, at least I model , animate, render all in Blender seethis movie of mine, Every thing in Blender? see that 2 Minute Movie in my signature. That image is also moved?

It is great that 2.48 is out, but why does the 2.48 RC not required the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)???

It would be good if someone could pack the libraries and blender 2.48 all together into a ZIP file, because i have no admin rights here…

my install of 2.48 on my tablet pc can’t find python 2.5.2 (I installed it first)

Hardy 64bits, compiled with scons works fine :slight_smile:

If MSVC++ redist would be GNU/GPL this would be possible.
Its not that easy nowadays.

Hence, Firefox <> Inceweasel, or nvidia/ATI drivers for linux…

Blender x64 -> python 2.5.2.amd64
Blender x32 -> python 2.5.2

on a positive note. 2.48 seems to render everything faster even on my lowly pc. wow :slight_smile:

@ arexma: The Win64 compile does not need any redist packages. Only the win32 ones :slight_smile:

Greetings
Genscher

So there are some special drivers necessary which are no GPL? How can it run on Linux? :confused:
Is it possible to make a Static MesaGL version release for Windows, which does not need those non GPL driver?

Didn´t know. only could tell what the blender homepage tells :smiley: and it tells to install MSVC++ redist if you get “the error”.
As for me, i am of the rare race having a legit system with legal copies, therefore allowing windows to keep itself up to date, besides i got visual studio 2008 installed, so i could not tell if there is a need to install it :slight_smile:

It has nothing to do witn MesaGL nor are the MSVC++ redist any drivers.
Its simply a matter of the compiler. Visual C++ redist are libs used for binaries compiled with the Microsoft Visual Studio C++ Compiler for windows.
The linux versions are undoubtable compiled with the GNU CPP compiler and therefor do not need this libraries.
If i am wrong i am sure genscher can correct me :smiley:

Christmas came early this year. Thanks to the devs I will be downloading this as soon as I get home, I just checked out the features pages wow don’t these guys ever slow down. Everyday I use blender and try and learn something new etc but at the moment I think am going backwards.
@kkrawal, Dude Grafixsuz was been sarcastic. The splash screen was obviously rendered in Blender. The fact that you asked was what caused him to reply in such a manner.

Same here :frowning:

Anyway, kudos to all the the devs for this release.

If you downloaded the zip archive, there is no reason why you’d need administrative privileges to install. Just unzip it, put it somewhere, and there you go.

Many Many thanks, Thanks God, my believe in Blender is not broken.
I also have done some beatifull renders with Blender, but this was awsome.

I beg to differ… I downloaded the x86, 32-bit version ZIP file, unpacked it, tried to run blender.exe and WHAM, “Application failed to initialize…”

"Basically they are coding new features faster then I can learn them. "

And how do you suppose that i can teach Blender so fast??? I need to learn the new features FIRST!!!
Kudos, and thanks to all devs!!! :stuck_out_tongue: