2.48 is out. Get it!

Whoooho! :smiley:
Thanks to all developers for this wonderful release!

off topic: @kkrawal, What tyrant monkey said is correct. I was just having fun with ya, mostly because I thought you were being sarcastic to start of with. My bad. :o my sense of humor or lack there of takes some getting used to.

Actually I did check out your animations as you suggested. Definitely the east asian flavor in there. Keep up the good work.:RocknRoll:

On topic, the game engine videos just blew me away with the integrated softbodies and DOF.

Though I must say, I am extremely happy that some of the SOC projects made it in this time. Shrink wrapā€¦ wooee sleepless night tonightā€¦:eek:

Iā€™m in the same boat. Win XP 32 bit with SP3.

Party All night! :evilgrin:
thank you all for the hard work.

Oh, I didnā€™t realize that you needed were lacking the Microsoft libraries, which do indeed need administrative access for installation. Sorry. :frowning:

I believe that the only necessity for those libraries is for MSVC-built Blender. Thus, you could get Blender 2.48 compiled with Scons, and that ought to work. If I have time, I might compile Blender and upload it to GraphicAll for you and others in your situation.

EDIT: Okay, Iā€™m a little confused now, I compiled blender and to test it I took it over to another computer without MVC, but it didnā€™t work. I am hoping that it is just because that computer doesnā€™t have MVC at all, and that you guys do (you needed it since 2.43 I think). I think this because my own build of Blender 2.48 worked for me before I installed the MVC service pack.

Please and thank you egan. I donā€™t have admin rights on this computer, but like everyone elses, my mouth is drooling.

what BillG dll-s is needed to run this so i bundle them?.

You shouldnā€™t do that, its illegal.

Whatā€™s this thumbnail on the front page from?

http://www.blender.org/typo3temp/GB/b1b9c86047.jpg

I was wondering that myself, as well. Maybe its a reference to Durian and that this is [hopefully] the last of the 2.4x series? :eyebrowlift2:

Okay, I have uploaded a build, and you all can see if it works for you. If it doesnā€™t, Iā€™m sorry. Iā€™m a little bit confused now as to what the MVC is for.
http://graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=845

Thie image is from sign of the juggernaut http://www.blendernation.com/2006/01/31/sign-of-the-juggernaught/

is it me or the physics test files crashes Blender?

i know but i dont care, anyway someday i move completley to Ubuntu but now i just want to make Windows version easier to use without install. i tried currently msvcp90.dll msvcr90.dll but still do not work? what i miss?

btw Ubuntu version works fine without install, i just extracted it and it works (i hate sudo things and application installing in Ubuntu)

EDIT: SCons builds do work on me but on friends computer it wont, it even wont work if i use old msvcr71.dll ? 2.47 worked there.

My SCons build? :slight_smile:

yes strange it worked with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable but offical build did not even work with this, on my friends both builds do not work. previous 2.47 worked everywhere with msvcr71.dll patch

Is the Grease Pencil working for you guys? It doesnā€™t seem to work for me.

What do I need to do to use it? Just View -> Grease Pencil, then Use Grease Pencil, then Draw Mode and draw around with LMB in the 3D View, right? That doesnā€™t work for me, nor does Shift + LMB when not in Draw mode. Am I missing something here?

Mac OS 10.4.11, PPC.

Thank you,

MD

Wery good work

only if thay incres the rate of the releases I will soon hawe longer downloadtime for a blenderversion than it takes for them to make a new version and Iā€™m on broadband then. :slight_smile:

They need to improve and completely integrate Yaf(a)ray, on C, I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, i installed it and it said i need some Microsoft c++ something or otherā€¦i tried to install it and it didnt work. Anyone have the same problem?

(btw, im running windows vista)

MasterDomino:
Unfortunately, there was a report that for some reason, Grease Pencil did not seem to be working on some particular Mac setups that we never did get figured out. If changing any of the settings as suggested in the doc doesnā€™t help, thereā€™s really not much we can do about it at the moment.

BTW, here is the link to that report.
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=231&aid=17776&group_id=9
Could you test the file that I attached on that report too, and tell me what happens with the things Iā€™ve noted in the file? Also, check out the demo-file in the release logs and check if that shows like the screenshot.

Cheers,
Aligorith

Same here. The installer will take you to their site, and after that its a 15 second install. Works fine now.