2.74 Cat Splash contest!

Kubo you’re doing so great, i sincerely hope you ace it! Also everyone else has wonderful images! 1 slight comment is the eyes of the cat (@kubo) if you could work on them a bit(reflection overwhelms a bit) would be perfect!

I will be submitting something late Friday/Saturday… hopefully I don’t miss the boat and they aren’t already decided on an image. I am doing 100% of the image in blender, including hand painting all of the textures with stock brushes… it’s tough to whip it out in just the couple of hours I have between sleep and work :S Hopefully I can accomplish what I am working towards…

Well my cat isn’t going to make it, another blender project came in, i’m making a music video clip now.
By the time that is ready, next blender version will be ready too i think, at least she made it up to here :o
The idea was to make here as orange as the blender logo (or the dutch “rode kater” )

Incase someone want to finish her contact me, i dont mind at all sharing here, the file is sculpted about 8MB or so.
Until someone decides too finish she’s now considered a Schrödinger cat (both alive and dead project)

this is my final version of my entry

all the textures except the one for the tongue were made in blender itself, either by rendering to textures, painting, or using procedural textures, all the textures were created by myself
the render took 10 hours at 4096 samples
i used blender 2.73a, 2.73.7 and 2.73.8

good luck everyone :slight_smile:

So awesome!

Hi everyblendies !
I really hope I will have enough time to finish my project.
Still in WIP
You can see every steps on my imgur album
http://imgur.com/a/QzQhz
http://i.imgur.com/mm6HwBo.jpg

Here is my progress. I may or may not have time to refine it (there is a lot I could do) but my day job is killing me! lol

Anyhow:

• The great bird model is from blendswap.org, quickly converted to cycles (hackjob)
  • The desk is from 3dsky.org
  • The room was done in Fluid designer and linked! (yes that works)
  • The cat is a dynamic topology sculpt by myself with several hair particle systems controlled by several vertex groups.

Critiques are welcome! :slight_smile:

The cat is hairy lol
well, not cycles… but whatever )

so it’s done

and the neutral one for any case )

Hi this is my little Kitty Griffy

Hello everyone, this is my entry. I made a cat with a very simple scene, and used the hair in a different way. Good luck for all :yes:

• Lucas

Well, I’ve done back the eye model and material from scratch and reused the same hand painted texture. Also I’ve done some fine tunning on the hair systems and found a new composition. I think the last image with the hand holding the cat’s face and him looking back is a better theme than “holding paws”.
Hope you like it, thanks to all for the tips and encouragment, there is still 2 days to go and plenty of nice cats running loose, I’m sure there will be even more to come, this saturday is surely going to be Caturday @ blender!
HDRI ilumination:

Studio ilumination
little color correction and logo

same as last shot but a low key toned version

@kubo I really like this one, but the hand looks kind of like plastic, especially in the first shot.

Hi Guys,
this is my entry.
Good Luck to everybody

1 Like

Hi Guys,
this is my entry.
Good Luck to Everybody!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]365657[/ATTACH]

Can we add a signature on the image or it has to be text free ?

Hi I mand same changes on griffy Cause things licke the tail looked a bit off… so
may the besst kitty win

This is my entry…
Made with blender, cycles.

heavy breathing

Wow, these are looking great! Do we know exactly the deadline? Is it like 12am Saturday, 11:59pm Saturday? I want to make sure I don’t miss the boat…