2.8 Beta released(29/11/2018)!

edit: it’s out and Brecht posted about it on the blog. worth reading

There’s also a page dedicated to it now

fingers crossed! the changelog from 2.79b to 2.8 will be a joy to read. The bug report flood tomorrow not so much

8 Likes

Pablo posted the the new screen he was creating on his twitter.

Should be out today.

1 Like

It’s here (if you compile it for yourself):

3 Likes

Ton also posted on devtalk so it’s offical…beta is here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Now i’m fired up again! time to start some new training exercises

Its live

4 Likes
12 Likes

First and foremost, this Beta version embodies the excellent work of all developers. . . so in the first place “A THANK YOU to them”… :+1::+1::+1:

Special mention to Pablo, for being able to inform us with his excellent videos …:ok_hand:

Not to mention the whole Blender community who knew how to mobilize, criticize, yell, discuss, argue. . . but in the end always go in the direction of improving this great tool …

Now, I only have to test this Beta version …

12 Likes

Looks like blender.org is getting hammered right now. The site is either not responding at all or if your’re lucky it’s working but very very slowly.
Hopefully this means that a lot of people are interested in testing the beta (and not Autodesk running a ddos attack on blender.org :wink: ).

2 Likes

if autodesk wanted to kill blender, they’d purchase it instead :stuck_out_tongue:

Then Autodesk will fall after it.

PNG

Seriously they cannot eliminate open code from world.

2 Likes

One thing I’m noticing, the BF server is getting hammered and the bug reports (that aren’t crashes) are starting to multiply like bunnies.

The download process is moving along for me meanwhile, if not a little slow.

if autodesk wanted to kill blender, they’d purchase it instead

they can’t the licence prevents that and also the source code is everywhere you’ll see clones popping out here an there…even when softimage was stopped developement people asked them to release it as open sourcen but that means it will grow stronger and take all their softwares down…they just made a huge sales deals in black friday which they don’t do…i think 2.80 is shocking them slowly.

3 Likes

yes yes gimme blender beta!!!

No they can’t yaar… because Ton promised to the world :blush:

I’m a little disappointed. I was waiting for 3 months to report one and it got reported yesterday. My 10 page list is now about 3 bugs, LOL.

1 Like

is it normal that eevee is a lot brighter than cycles?
Even with the startup cube scene the brightness does not match at all… Was also with all the dev builds, but i didnt think much of it.
Now that its beta i start to wonder if its my gpu?

Maybe they should consider offering torrent downloads soon, because at the moment there almost no chance to get the beta…

There are two ways Autodesk can kneecap the rise of Blender with 2.8x.

• Use its stranglehold on I/O between apps. to cut Blender out of playing nice in a pipeline (by making the .fbx format even more incompatible with the GPL than it is currently).
  • Use their billions to innovate the crap out of Maya and Max, lower prices, and loosen the EULA restrictions. People will flock back to them if they again see massive releases with good stability to boot.

That is assuming Autodesk does not continue its current practices on the assumption of Blender being this little toy that no professional will ever use.

2 Likes