2010 camaro

i don’t know, i’m just playing around and experimenting with materials and textures. if i find a texture that looks good, I might keep it, even if it is untraditional.:wink:

yesterday i turned the car green just for fun

Attachments

i’m trying to put a background in, so it’s not just the blue. how do you get a plane to curve?

i got it figured out. crisis averted. lol

When I’m setting up studio shots with a plane I just use the spin tool on the back vertices and spin them about 120º. Used it in this render )which I did because I was bored and didn’t have a big screen handy for modelling, which I now do).

i found this tut about texturing, but i can’t get the texture to show up in the render. would you let me know if i did something wrong?

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Blender-Texture/21052

Attachments

untitled.blend (142 KB)

I can only guess (as I’m running 2.5 and don’t have a clue how texturing works in it compared to 2.49) that you have forgotten to enable uv texturing in the material for your object, but I forget what the button is called (Texface or something like that). Also make sure you pack textures to the .blend otherwise they don’t come up when others download them; we can’t access images on your computer!

i have that enabled, but it’s not doing anything. it’s like the image isn’t selected for the texture. i’m clueless as to how to do this!!! please help!

Well like Nitronic said I cannnot see the texture in the blend because its located on your computer. But i think I may have fixed this. Notice under the materials tab to the far right the new texture. You just didn’t have it set up properly.

But like I said I cant test it out either because I dont have the texture itself. Let me know. .blend attached

Attachments

fixed.blend (139 KB)

i think that tutorial is outdated, using the old face select mode.

then how do you think i should do it, because i can’t figure it out. also, all forums but this one are blocked at the school, where i work on this, so if you give a link, i might not be able to follow it here.:frowning:

i got it figured out!

glad to here it, sorry it took a while to reply. :slight_smile:

hey i know there has been nothing happening on this thread lately but i just got back to the camaro after taking a break to do the bc rich widow bass. ( http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=176540&highlight=bcrich+widow+bass ) i have deleted the back end and i am working on reworking that, because the topology was so wierd. i will post pics soonish :slight_smile: