365, make something cool every day [by zuggamasta]

Love the style of that tree :smiley: and how the hell did you make such a nice sponge mesh?!?! (could use some more translucency/SSS)

thank you very very much greeg ! but it was rather easy to set up the sponge :slight_smile: I subdivided a cube and gave it the sponge contours. after that I uvmapped the whole thing and gave it a sponge texture (cg textures) . the next step was a high subsurf mod (4) and then the magic : a displacement modified :slight_smile:
I would love to add more translucent but it didnā€™t work for me :-\

still waiting for SSS :slight_smile:

You should have a look at participating in the weekend challenges, if you havenā€™t already.

If you can manage this in a day then your weekend challenge entries are going to be cracking!

Wow! Incredible work. I absolutely love the Bullet Integrations simulations and would love it if someone could point me in the direction of a tutorial for it?

Keep up the good work and good luck!

woooha :slight_smile: first things first ā€¦

THANK YOU for 5 stars,
THANK YOU for the mention on the Frontpage
and
THANK YOU even more for all your SUPPORT

GodOfBigThings: I participate actively at the weekend challenges of the German forum Blendpolis, but maybe Iā€™ll give the bigger challenge a try :wink:

marcjgriff: I would love to make a videotutorial on that topic, but blender does to many things I canā€™t really explain when I created those images. I often hat to reload the whole file to get it to work again, but heads up for 2.66 and a nice and complete Videotutorial from me on that! (in english)

and as a little bonus: my Sponge Setup :smiley:

To me, the key point here is not so much ā€œsomething cool,ā€ but ā€œevery day.ā€

ā€œSomething coolā€ might or might-not keep the lights on in your house, but ā€œevery dayā€ most certainly will. Every time.

Congratulations Zuggamasta, really cool stuff you have here!

Yes, sundialsvc4 I think you might be right about the overall ā€œthemeā€ of my Project!

Thank you Carrozza, I try to do my best!

YOU are just F*CKING AWESOME DUDE!!!

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!

your works are very inspiring zuggamusta! very inspiring

How about a short film at the end of a quarter or at mid year!?

Joygasm !

I love art :slight_smile:

At first I really thought you are a newby but now you are getting so good so fast.
Great style variations.
It`s a great thread. Congratz for being featured. :slight_smile:

Have you considered, doing some more complex stuff that take more than a day, ie do something cooler every week :smiley:

lol, led, did you really have to make 3 consecutive posts? contain your excitement please :stuck_out_tongue:

OMG dude this seriously reminds me of me 3 years ago, you seriously hit my soft spot.

I did this exact same thing back in highschool, everyday after school and holidays when I was home I made something cool (The best stuff wound up in my reel which got me into my dream studio)

Every mouse click you make is one step closer to your big break.
Some of those clicks will be useless, some of those clicks wonā€™t make sense at the time.
What MATTERS is that you LEARN something every click, and boy I can see your progress every step of the way!

Just donā€™t give up dude, you have a lot of potential.

Trust me, Iā€™ve been there :slight_smile:

Much respect.

Woa! That sponge looks amazing!

Thank you led. I donā€™t want to create a short in the next months or so, and please keep your post number to a minimum :wink: (you can edit your posts :slight_smile: )

Thank you BluePrintRandom.

Thank you AlinB, Iā€™m feeling like I improved a lot, too!

DDD, I will pull of some more complex images in march (after my finals) maybe I make one big picture with multiple days!

Chris L, thank you very much for your wise and kind words! Examples like yours make my heart go crazy about CG and my future :wink:

Thank you etoven! I posted the setup, too!

Here is the image from the 11th of Febuary 2013

Wow! Those shaders are amazing! Would you mind sharing the shader you used for the pill bottles? Iā€™ve bee trying to create something that looks exactly like that, but for some reason it always turns out really dark (lighting isnā€™t the issue because everything else shows up just fine).

Hi Dude. your light rig and shader are awesomeā€¦ could you please give us a screenshot how you set up the lighting and shader on this box scene ?

Thanks very much

@SSImpossible, sounds like a reflection problem. Of-course i can be wrong, but what i mean is, if you got a black background to reflect, the surface will not have anything to reflect so it will be dark.