365, make something cool every day [by zuggamasta]

Ha, looks just like my soldering iron. Excellent job.

Thank you Anthony C !

Here is my Image from today:
“it’s cinema 4d all over agian”

Wow! I just got blender a few days ago, I can’t wait until I have the practice to make something even 10% as awesome as your stuff. And its in 2-4hrs? that is crazy. If I haven’t made it clear I REALLY LIKE YOUR WORK.

Inspired by you:

Your work is exceptionally fantastic. It has a very wonderous appeal to it. As I come to my senses aftrwords I have studied you work and to my amazement, I find that all of the items are very simple models and basic composition. However I find that what makes each piece so phenominal is ALL About the Texturing and Lighting. If you would be so very kind and let us all in on you skills with a tutorial on lighting and texturing I am certain that we would ALL be eternally greatful. In addition, blenderart mag would be ecstatic if you appeared on their door step with an article on texturing and lighting. You do good work. Keep it up. Let’s see what we can get out of you in a Week long project.

I have to agree with this. Lighting and texturing is a long, slow learning curve for most and anything you can do to help some people speed up that learning a little would be greatly appreciated.

That Cornell box must have taken a while to render XD

If i am not mistaken the light set up for most of the renders is just you basic 3pt lighting rig with an orange/yellow light on the right, blue/cyan light on the left and possibly 1 or more additional lights so soften the image up/bring out the models from the backgrounds (although some images seem only to have the blue and orange)

How close is my prediction?

On a personal note, i love the 3pt rig, its simple yet highly effective, i use it quite alot. The downside is that if overused, all renders tend to look the same. Thus some sort of variance is required.

Thank you DragonHardy, just keep blending :wink:

AAAWWESOME adriano.ol really nice! I really dig your version! Nice to have inspired someone!

To ds3d,Fire Angle and DDD,
I have to go with DDD here. There are a lot of good Tutorials and workflow explanations on the web, from which you can learn! I am a self-taught, too. The Three-Point-Lighting is the one you should look for, It really let your Productrenders pop out, only good light lets a model show its beauty :smiley: . My Materials, are pretty straight forward:

Make the Mesh, unwrap the part you need (‘project from view’, or simply ‘unwrap’) and then I look for a good texture and make my Texts in a Graphicsprogramm like Gimp or PS. Then I begin to start shading -> mixing different shaders to get the result, I like the best!
So you see:
I don’t have to do fancy unwrapping methods or tricks. keep it simple!

Yes indeed, Gregzaal. 4 hours and 50 minutes (I planed to stop at 3hours but I fell asleep :wink: )

Two more minimals! Next week is Exam week :frowning:

this threads great for inspiration!

I was very impressed by your picture from the 5th of Feb. so i tried to recreate the (mario galaxy like) look.

I dont want to spam your thread so if you want me to remove it, just let me know :slight_smile:

Hi! I really enjoyed your work from the 5th of february so i decided to imitate the (mario-galaxy-like) look and do a similar picture on my own.
Very inspiring project! Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you ionee.
Haha, nice PipTogo! I really like burning fuse on the Bomb :slight_smile:

I updated the Dowload section of my blog :slight_smile:
Expect the full fileset to be ready tomorrow!

CyLight HDRI Images
http://zuggamasta.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/cleanRoom2K-500x250.jpg
My light setups renderd in 1K 2K and 4K HDRI Maps, all at your fingertips :wink:

Only one for now but the rest will follow :slight_smile:

Картинка отсюда http://pixelicious.ru/

17.02.2013 Fun time :smiley:

What an awesome idea man! Really wish you all the best, your skill is already extremely good and it will be even more so by day 365. Will be following this thread :slight_smile: Loving the sculpt

Thank you Luis-Felipe.

My latest Renders:
http://zuggamasta.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/23_02_2013.jpg
http://zuggamasta.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/24_02_2013.jpg