3D-Coat Applink for Blender 2.8

Now I have a bit time for applink dev. Any conserns, issues, bugs or feature requests :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi !
Is applink compatible with version 3DC2021 + B3 ?
Thx !

Havenā€™t testes yet. Two weeks left my summerjob and then Iā€™m able to check applink status better.

1 Like

@haikalle Hi!!!

Iā€™m trying desperately to get the AppLink working between 3D Coat and Blender. Everything in theory seems to be set up but it justā€¦ doesnā€™t work. When I click ā€œsendā€ in Blender and then pop over to 3D Coat, like in the YouTube tutorialsā€¦ nothing happens. No dialogue box pops up. And when I create an object in 3D Coat and select Export to Blender and save it, I go back to Blender and click ā€œGetBackā€ andā€¦ nothing happens.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue might be? Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t provide more specifics but I can try to answer any clarifying questions. I REALLY REALLY want to get this to work.

1 Like

Anticipating a return to 3D-Coat now that the future of ZBrush has become uncertain, I wonder: does the 3D-Coat applink work without issues on macOS as well?

And I also wonder which version is the preferred one: the one thatā€™s included in Blender or @mifthā€™s fork?

Mifthā€™s plugin works now. Any OS.

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll use that, as it looks more accessible with the path in the Preferences, among other things.

the Default 3d coat addon in the new Blender 3.1 for the M1 mac doesnā€™t work with 3DCoat 2022.05

go to 3d-coat forum, youā€™ll find more info there. This Applink is no longer supported, thereā€™s a native applink with 3dcoat 2022.20 and forward

1 Like

Information about native applink can be found here:

2 Likes

Are you saying that it is no longer possible to use the Applink plugin? Iā€™m hearing rumblings about a github fork. Iā€™m using the latest support version of Blender which is 3.5, but an older version of coat which is 4.8.10. Has there been any discussion on using an older Coat with newer Blender versions?

The app is broken in Blender 4. You can send to 3d coat but not bring back. Works in Blender 3.0 series. Can any one confirm?