3D-Coat as a companion to Blender

Just wondering if anyone remembers Pilgway doing any other sales/discounts outside of the yearly new release one. I missed that as I hadn’t started looking in to things, but am now starting to consider options.

looking back through emails, typically there’s black friday, christmas, summer (though with launch recently, might not be this year), and launch sales, at a quick glance.

2 Likes

ahh OK, thanks. Guess that means black Friday then, unless the summer one happens. Or I consider Substance Painter on Steam, which without any sales is basically the same price compared to 3D Coat Textura.

1 Like

After the latest developments in the blender world, it seems like it’s the perfect time for 3d coat to go on sale… :smile:

3 Likes

Is it possible to achieve the same result of the Zbrush Noise maker tool in 3D Coat ?

UPDATE : Yes , i ve tested it using Fill tool in the Painting room and the Noise tool in the Sculpt Room , its destructive but works fine.

1 Like

This is really cool, as I don’t have Zbrush this will be a nice feature to add to my toolbox. They don’t show how to (or if you can) export the map for use in other apps like Blender/Octane.

Automated VDM Creation

3DCoat now supports VDM! Moreover, you can create VDM automatically in 3DCoat on the fly. Check out this video demonstrating the process of the automatic VDM alphas creation.

3 Likes

Our Summer Sale starts !
Check out our website for further information

1 Like

Any change that we get into 3D Coat Blender presets for the navigation?
Not having some nice Blender presets it’s for me currently the biggest turn down to use 3D Coat.

You can create your own presets easily:

but why not deliver one out of the box?

1 Like

never heard of it

Then why comment on a thread about it? :slight_smile: Alternatively, this thread is a great place to learn all about it :grin:

3 Likes

you mean this isn’t a thread of how those northerners (or other hemisphere southerners) are modeling coats in blender to stay warm? >grins<

BTW: for those considering 3d Coat, there is a sale from now through 8/21 on it. just a heads up. :slight_smile:

3D Coat 2023: €379 → €279
3D Coat Textura: €119 → €99

link to sale: https://pilgway.com/store?utm_source=sendpulse&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3dcoat-2023-summer-deals

3 Likes

Had this happened a month ago or even a couple of weeks ago I likely would have jumped at it for Textura. In fact had the special trial offer discount been for Textura (which is what I was testing out) rather then for the full version of 3D Coat, I likely would have done that a month ago.

However, the delay ended up with me taking a closer look at Painter via Steam and I ended up getting that a week and a half ago.

Still, good chance for anyone yet to commit to have a serious look at it all.

Andrew posted some amazing news !
Live Booleans between multimillion meshes will appear in 3DCoat soon! Tested live subtraction between two 10M stones, and it works in real-time on my PC.

Found a way to improve the overall performance of 3DCoat; it is especially visible for paint tools, on my PC, changing the opacity of the layer on 8K texture takes 1/3 sec vs 1.2 sec before the optimization. So painting over 8K tex is smooth and fluent. This will be in 2023.30.

https://twitter.com/AndrewShpagin

6 Likes

Wow, sounds very promising! Please keep us posted here, thanks!

i have 3d coat licence key that im not using anymore if anyone is intrested for cheaper

Why not making a “next gen” retoplogy feature : Draw areas instead of drawing lines ?

Drawing direction would point global retopo lines direction, and some resolution parameter would allow to adjust number of polygons.

Let 3D Coat find what lines to draw.

This would make retopo as simple as drawing.

1 Like