3D-Coat as a companion to Blender

Yep, working fine!

1 Like

Found another bug:
Filling a surface material (Fill Tool, ‘Material/Subobject’) fills some polygons with the wrong material.
I shared the file with @carlosan in PM last week, so hopefully they can replicate
In Blender:
And: the Cut Slice part of the Curve strokes doesn’t work in the paint room. I tested, and it does work in the sculpt room
I also still have undo issues in 2022.60. It’s a real workflow killer!

These last ones were confirmed, so hopefully they get fixed soon, but here’s one more :smiley:
Vertex Lines and Vertex Curves don’t work in the Freeze Tool in the Paint Room. All other Stroke Modes seem to work fine, and the two tools that don’t do work correctly in the Brush tool.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Opening the chest on a jacket model

2 Likes
3 Likes

:eyes:
https://twitter.com/AndrewShpagin/status/1642222795584159746

8 Likes
2 Likes

Upgraded my 3D-Coat license to version 2023, with one year of free updates ahead, for only € 45. :+1:

7 Likes

My first 3D Coat work since I recently upgraded. Really love that tool. :heart:

6 Likes

3D coat could propose the same workflow as MagicaCSG and Adobe modeler adding few options.

For example when adding primitives or some sculpt model propose a blending option

Perhaps some other options like

• round
  • hole
  • cone

3 Likes

:+1:

I’ve posted it over at the 3D Coat forum:

3 Likes

They could propose some new simplified room with primitives named “CG modeling” and same option as MagicaCSG.

This would feet all non modelers and beginners using MagicaCSG, Womp, Substance modeler.

The advantage on 3D coat would be that any time you can :

• switch to voxel sculpting for detailling and modifying.
  • auto retopo, auto uv and and bake on the latest versions

I’m using more the Low poly modeling in 3D Coat, it is fun and feels more friendly and less cluttered interface than Blender.
The advantage is you can model, voxelize, and bake normal map without needing to do retopo.

Blender for artists interface is still too much “Blender”, they should try to modify it and propose something similar to other simplified apps.
Some Blender for beginners with less features and focused on main areas only.

1 Like

Yes, I totally agree. Will add some of your suggestions to the 3D Coat thread. :+1:

Started a new feature request thread for SDF addition to 3D Coat. Please feel free to join the discussion and add your input:

1 Like

Some parameters like pre defined hole or rounded parameter ( smooth volume ) i think would be easy and there is already such features for primitives.

For blending, i don’t know if that can be done in Voxels ? It is math that only works on CSG volumes ? Or similar blending effect can be applied to Voxels ?

Some CSG beginner friendly modeling room similar to MagicaCSG could get some great success.
Specially on latest 3D coat version as you can auto retopo, UV and bake for PC or mobile games.

1 Like

Following the opinion of our individual clients, we decided to lower the pricing on 3DCoat 2023 Permanent Individual license from EUR 439 to EUR 379: https://t.co/WgIH3sVh4k @3DCoatOfficial #individual #license #permanent #buy

11 Likes

3DCoat-2023-22

• Python API fine-tune, extended a lot the Mesh class, non-trivial examples of usage (breaking the object)
  • Python API updated, polished, better doc, more examples, especially important is GeneratorExample.py, it contains example of the simplest non-destructive generator.
5 Likes

Hey I was seeing the WIP photogrammetry room now in 3D Coat 2023. Is Pilgway possibly developing a stand alone photogrammetry app and add on to 3D Coat ? Would be amazing if so. I cant seem to find much about it.

Loving the latest release. All the best to everyone there and take care. We all know how diffficult it must be but development appears to always be thriving.

1 Like