3Pointedit - Sketchbook

Very cool application - thanks for the test file!

Made a distorted geometry effect as a motion graphic, break down video and file to follow:

geometric circle3.blend (1.52 MB)
And here’s the breakdown with blend file:

1 Like

I’ve been looking at all this coolness for a while now, and for some reason it just struck me to vote! 5 stars, fo sho!!

Hay thanks! :smiley:

You always come up with the most awesome and creative uses for Blender! Thank’s for the inspiration :slight_smile:

Here’s a fun little metaball tentacle with arrays and empties for control

Attachments

Tentacle limb.blend (913 KB)

That is really cool, I have to give it a try

this is rad… thanks for the breakdown !!!

Cool thread! Thnx! It is very intresting!

earth map hologram.blend (3.72 MB)

I forgot to upload my old Hologram Earth, so here it is. Have fun.

1 Like

ooo, cool, thank you!

This one is cooler Craig, my interactive omeba or splotch art. Just grab the empty and manipulate while playing the time line.

And the blend file:Blobs demo.blend (687 KB)

Yes, will grab and play soon - downloaded!

All this stuff is neato… thanks so much for sharing.

This is a real time Pin Cushion effect driven by a video source. If the video is a frame sequence it will play much more smoothly. At the moment this is optimized for Blender Internal Open GL display. The rendered view doesn’t work at the moment.
pincushion effect.blend (1.37 MB)

Grab the file to have a play, and check that the texture mapping is set for your media. The crop must roughly match the scale values.

A quick animated wifi logo (I know that there is one extra bar, but it looked better on TV).

Just dropping this Node Image/movie info here in case I forget. You should be able to use these formulas and example to recreate VSE to node or Node to VSE.

Attachments

Don’t forget that the Sun lamp can also have the size changed to make shadows sharper or softer (a large penumbra would indicate an overcast day).

Very good tip there, thank you!