A postcard from the past: The port of Ancona (Italy) with the Arch of Trajan in the Middle Ages

Reconstruction of part of the medieval port environment of Ancona, beautiful city in the heart of Italy. I started from the photoscan of the still visible and well-kept colossal monument that was built by order of the emperor Trajan in the 2nd century (along with other arches that can be found, in ruins or not, around Italy). I also tried to keep faith to drawings and engravings of the time that I looked at for days and days before starting with my sketch.
I mixed my models with Megascans props kitbashing. Vegetation addon & Grass Essentials for trees and grass.
Hope you like it

Detail

Night Light

Animation

Making of

Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kl1yLl

64 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Very nice!
The night light is really beautiful!!! :ok_hand:
(The day light seems a bit unreal to me. A bit too beautiful, if you know what I mean.)

Beautiful work! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks. Yes I try to mix the sensation of viewing at a photo and at a painting. That’s what I like most

1 Like

I love this! A modern Tintoretto. Fantastic work!

1 Like

Thanks man! But you are way too generous :slightly_smiling_face: I am following your works too

1 Like

Yes, I agree, every artist has his own way of looking and therefore his own style. :+1:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thanks man, I appreciate it very much :orange_heart:

1 Like

Uploaded the video of the making of. Check it out if you’re interested in some parts of the process! :blender_logo_64_png: :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone,

Here is the “Behind the Scenes” article of this historic piece of art!

Do check this article written by the artist himself. It describes the process of making the artwork step by step and the insight on making realistic photo-scans in Blender.

Thanks,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #animation category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #exteriorarchitecture category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #landscapes category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like