[Addon] Blender Backup Manager

The intention of Backup Manager is to provide a tool that allows to backup blenders settings to a specified locations (like a cloud backup folder or network drive) and be able to backup and restore the settings to that location.

This addon is in development stage so i recommend making some manual backup first before starting to use this addon.

Simple

In the simple mode the addon is backing-up or restoring the version of the active blender application.
You can see the age and the size of your last backup, by default cache is excluded from the backup due to generated files which take a lot of space (it can be enabled in the advanced options)

Advanced

In advanced mode you can choose of any existing versions you had running on your system.
This also provides the option to back up all existing versions from your system, a custom version, delete a backup and choose which elements you want to backup.

Release log:
v1_1_1

• clean-up of ui layout to make it easier to understand what is going to be backed up or restored
  • added age and size information to backups
  • added batch backup
  • added option to delete backup
  • fixed cleaning of backup path
  • automatically find versions and update backup&restore lists
7 Likes

i did a overhaul of the UI since it was quite confusing and brought some limitations. With that i also fixed some missing functionality to backup to versions that did not yet exist in the backup folder.

There are still a couple of things i plan to add/change so if you have some input/ideas/complaints or issues on how this works it would be great to hear from you.

ps: the Dry Run is still active by default so if you want to write backups or restore make sure to disable this option. Also create a backup of what you have first so you are able to restore if something would go wrong.

1 Like

i fixed all the initial issues the addon had, so it should now provide a stable way to backup and restore settings. The layout was redesigned to make it (hopefully) easier to understand what is happening and many options have been added & improved.

There are still a couple things todo but it should now be in a state where its usable.

Simple

In the simple mode the addon is backing-up or restoring the version of the active blender application.
You can see the age and the size of your last backup, by default cache is excluded from the backup due to generated files which take a lot of space (it can be enabled in the advanced options)

Advanced

In advanced mode you can choose of any existing versions you had running on your system.
This also provides the option to back up all existing versions from your system, a custom version, delete a backup and choose which elements you want to backup.

1 Like