[Addon] Display Tools ( v. 1.6.0 )

I have the addon working in very last svn blender, can you point your issue?

Hi Jordi!

I’m a new Ubuntu user now and your addon is running just fine!
Thanks!
Very useful!

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

I’m sorry to say, but the download page does not work

EDIT: nevermind, works now :smiley:

Hey! that´s because i was touching a little the addon, new version with a few updates!

v 1.5.5:
-Put dummy : the simple deform modifier setting for viewport speed workaround, after subdivision surface modifier slowdown. Now doesn´t keep adding other dummies while pressing the button a few times, only one now for sure!
-Delete dummy : search a dummy modifier ( created with before button ) and delete it.
-Subdivison levels : now adds the subsurf modifier for you if the object/objects don´t have it.

ATTENTION: Dummy/Delete Dummy breaks your good simple deform modifier, so if you have it, don´t use this, for now i have to find a method to avoid this issue.

This addon rocks, I don’t get why it isn’t in trunk yet!

After i try it it’s so gonna be added to my favourite addons list!

I hope that with the refactoring of the depsgraph we will no longer need addons like these, and we will finally be able to multi-select objects and apply the same settings to all, instead of merely the last active one.

It’s so fundamental, it’s hard to grasp why we still cannot perform every action on multiple objects at once in a simple manner.

Indeed, it’s really frustrating !

+1

Would be very nice to have Texture Space - option also, its dotted lines are less distracting than bounding box.

I’m having trouble getting this add-on to work. I have downloaded the text and saved it as" spaceview_3d_display_tools.py "and placed that in my add on folder. When I open user prefs and look through the add-ons I don’t see it. When I try to install from a file nothing happens. I can navigate to the file fine but when I hit install from file it just bounces back to the previous screen. Can you give me explicit instructions? I’m using blender 2.68a, I 'd love to use it but I can’t find a way. Thanks

“Install from File” works fine for me. Make sure to have “Community” enabled under “Supported Level” and that your categories setting is “All” or “3D View”.

Thank you very much it finally works for me. I love having access to enable/Disable shadeless for all objects. It saves a ton of time when trying to bake lots of objects, like in Texture Atlas.

hello, i try to installing add ons with blender 269.1

and there is a problem becouse in the folder of user preferences add ons

disappears all add ons

and i can not install display tools.

How i can make for install correctly?

the link is broken.

Got it from http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/Display_Tools and everything worked right away.

Add the script to your scripts/addons folder, (re)start Blender, go to File > User Preferences and in Addons tab start typing “Disp” and you should see it. Enable it and it appears in the fool shelf (T key).

Wireframe over mesh is the one thing I was missing from max!

Great job Jordi!

I repeat my self. the dropbox link is broken, right now I got an error saying that the dropbox page doesnt exist anymore.

MmAaXx,

The post before…

The dropbox link from the wiki

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65106662/space_view_3d_display_tools.py

sorry, but this one works, on the wiki it doesn’t… don’t ask me why.

thankyou ^^

NEW VERSION 1.6.0 : No feature changes, support for 2.7x tabs.

With coop of Jhon Wallace added support for tabs, now whole addon it´s on own “Display Tools” tab, no feature changes
Updated the link and the wiki on first post.
Happy blending!