[Addon] UvSquares v1.9 (updated - 2.80 and multi island support)

Ok got it, so basically sync the verts in B with verts from Viewport

Thank you for this very useful addon!

I needed some time to find it after install, because I looked all the time at the uv section.

Hi,

The addon I downloaded from Github doesn’t work with 2.76 (I downloaded the raw)? Is it expected?

hi @leminilab the addon installs and works correctly for me on 2.76

:s
The menu is showing. I modeled a shape based on a plane as in your video and unwrapped it.
But it seems nothing is working… How can I debug this? Can I send you the .blend?
Thanks a lot for taking the time to sort my troubles! :yes:

Sure, also write me each step you did

Thanks a lot!
UV_squares.blend (826 KB)

I deleted the default cube,
created plane,
subdivided it 10x,
slided, grabbed with proportional editing,
unwrapped,
applied texture.

Thanks a lot for your support!

With your .blend file weirdly nothing happens, also tried on a fresh plane, and when I try to rip a vertex I get this error:

File “/home/radivarig/.config/blender/2.76/scripts/addons/uv_squares.py”, line 742, in RipUvFaces
target.select = True
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘select’

If you can get the exact changes you made to the scene that would reveal the problem.

Fastest way to make it work would be to File > Load Factory Settings

The version I’m using is 1.4.21: is that correct?

One of my favorite addons! Thank you Rad!

@tommywright awesome to hear that :smiley:

@leminilab the addon in your scene doesn’t work because “keep uv and edit mode mesh selection in sync” option is selected from the UV Editor :slight_smile: turn it off and the addon will work. Cheers

Thanks for the great addon, but sadly it does not work for me with Blender 2.76. I put the script into the addons folder and searched for it in the user pref under add-ons, but there is nothing to be found. Also tried to install from file, but likewise nothing. I wonder whats haunting me.

Hi Jonas,

Could you be facing the same problem I had with the “keep uv and edit mode mesh selection in sync” button?
When it’s turned on, the addon doesn’t work.

Hey there. Yeah, i tried hitting that button already. The thing is the addon wont even install itself in Blender 2.76 (for whatever reason). Even downloaded a fresh copy of Blender (2.76b), because i already have so many addons running, installed
the addon from file and nothing is happening. PS: I am trying this on W7 with SP1, in case it matters to anyone.

@Jonas108 hi, when you install from file, is the file zipped?

Yeah, no luck.

Update: 19/8/2019
From version 1.10.1 Both install from zip and unzipped uv_squares.py are supported

Update: 18/8/2019
From version 2.80 you should install from .zip directly

old:
(Unzip it and install from uv_squares.py)

Wow, it worked. :eek:
The funny thing is i dont even know how, because this is what i tried before.
Anyway thanks alot. Guess third time is the charm.

Hi Radivarig. Thanks for your very useful add-on. I’ve noticed that the latest commit on the GitHub repository is dated Dec. 7th, 2014. Is it right? Do you maintain it or is it frozen?