Åland Islands House - CGI

@Peter_Cerny @MxD Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

I lived within a stones throw of this type of coast for many years. Lovely renders. One crit though. In the video, the water sound doesn’t match the scene. It sounds more like a river or other running water, IMO. I would substitute some gentle lapping of waves and seagulls.

1 Like

This is absurdly photoreal, I am specializing in 3D photoreal environment illustrations and I am amazed that you managed to create the animation out of this.

1 Like

Absolutely spectacular.

Can you guide me on how to do that sky? is that just an HDRI?

1 Like

@Modron Thanks! Probably you’re right about the sound. I just slapped there some freesound.org coast clip and thats it :slight_smile:

@Vadrigar thank you very much! Stepping from a still to animation wasn’t really a big problem since there was not that much to animate. Just a camera, boats, and keyframed noise on water shader :slight_smile:

@BaidDSB Thank you! It is just an HDRi but in that scene I also used a distant layer of volumetrics near horizon to blend the hdri and water surface together. Without it HDRI would stand out too much

1 Like

can you point me to the hdri you used? could use something like that

Sure! Here it is —> https://www.poliigon.com/hdr/hdr-sky-cloudy-003/3510

1 Like

I love it . very beautiful and intersting project. How many MB (Memorize) does it take full Blend file . And how much time did you spend to make the project

1 Like

Thank you! Project file of the first scene weight 1600 mb which is not that much I think. I spent about two weeks working on the project for few hours each day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perfect . thanks for oyur answer bro. i want to hire you

1 Like

You can always DM me if you need something done :slight_smile:

If someone is more interested in the details of this project then the making-of on ronenbekerman.com is live!

link: https://www.ronenbekerman.com/making-of-aland-islands-house/

2 Likes

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #animation category! You can vote for it here.