Alien Gecko Animation

Thanks! I appreciate it!

Well, I had never animated a virtual 3D character rig before this project. I had never done retopology. My rig is definitely not too complex… I mean, I put it together in a day just from watching a few YouTube videos. So, yes, I do think that anyone that has a good understanding of Blender could achieve things like this. I will say that as a kid I spent much of my free time doing stop frame animation and flip books. I never got great at it though. Also, I bred leopard geckos, so that’s probably where this guy came from… I think it really just takes time and focus… on every project I’ve ever worked on, I feel hopeless as an artist in the beginning stages. I have to push through that self judgement almost every time I start a project. So, I say just keep adding more and more detail until you’re happy with it. Don’t let self doubt or fear that you’re taking too long stop you from really focusing and improving your work.

I had to learn retopology for this project. I think it took around 8 hours all together. I just watched some videos on YouTube and worked on it like a puzzle. I was so afraid of getting into retopology before this… I actually had a lot of fun learning it though.

Thank you! I started a WIP topic that has more behind the scenes shots. It definitely doesn’t go into too much detail though. I’ll have to spend some time on a more in depth description. Thanks for your interest. :smile:

It seems like it’s trending, maybe this will be the one! Thanks for your support!