Amy Lillya - Sketchbook

Inspired by the Mars Volta album Noctourniquet.

6 Likes

Love this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice work, @AmyLily ! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

Two sculpts for Sculpt January, unsure if I’ll make all the prompts.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Nice one with SSS :smiley:

1 Like

New update for this very inconsistent sketchbook, I made the Cactus from Plants vs Zombies.

14 Likes

WIP of a duck pond. I’m going for a NPR style.

4 Likes

Hey, there is a lot of different, great works there. You may take some pauses, but put together that’s a lot of cool stuff ! Well done !

1 Like

Thank you so much for these words!. Looking back at this sketchbook there was a lot more than I remember making, lots of good memories when I look at old projects, especially the ones that I never finished funnily enough.

I wish some day I’ll be able to update this thread more often, dealing with mental health issues can really destroy your motivation for making art…

2 Likes

Well, I regularly have a hard time to be productive too, I also wish I’d be making things on a more regular basis because when I do so I really enjoy it !
But I think it’s ok to let the motivation come and go, in the end we don’t have much control over it I think !
It looks like when you’re inspired you really nail the work you’re on , with different styles and kind of projects , that’s awesome !

In my case , when I’m not inspired and try to force it, most of the time it ends up in a big failure :smiley: And it’s easy on top of that, to blame ourselves to not be how we’d like to be… But being how we’d like to be is generally not as easy as it sound, it could be hard to accept it :smiley:

All that said, you’ve got talent and I hope it will keep expressing from time to time and eventually more often ! In the meantime maybe you just need other things to be happy when you’re not inspired. It’s better to stay an happy person rather than being a sad artist, even if being an happy artist is a great goal to achieve !

Are you already working in CG field or do you plan to work in CG ? I think it’s much simpler to work for others rather than doing personal works, it can be a good middle ground solution to keep being productive even when you’re not super inspired !

1 Like

A project I was making didn’t work out as I wanted so I improvised this dog / fox creature from it.

6 Likes

I made this character, her name is Estella

8 Likes

W.I.P of the bomber airplane from the game Bloons TD 6

3 Likes

Added some more details

4 Likes

Modeled the propellers and the wing connector, It’s slowly getting there

5 Likes

BTD5 was my jam back in middle school, I absolutely loved that game :slight_smile: I’m excited to see how this turns out!

1 Like

Me too! I started with 4 and when 5 came out I played it a lot back in the day :smile:

I’m happy BTD6 turned out to be really good too, I bought it this year on a Steam sale and it’s a nice game to relax while listening to some music.

1 Like

I just went to the NinjaKiwi website to check if you can even still play these old games I used to love- turns out you can’t play them in the browser anymore, but at least they have an archive package you can download. I’m glad you reminded me of this, I don’t how much longer this archive package will exist :slight_smile:

1 Like