Animated comic with GreasePencil!

I thought it would be funny to make webcomics with greasepencil, so i made this little story.
I also made the music with my synthesizer :-). Everything is rendered and edited on blender with scenes + video editor, even the subtitles were added in Blender !! ahah. I hope you like it

Here some behind the scenes interview for Blendernation about this artwork :slight_smile:

75 Likes

haha quite excellent! I love that this could almost be a cut-scene for an rpg or something. :slight_smile:

Would love a little breakdown! I assume some post? are those just grease pencil layers in 3D depth for the background? How did you manage shadows… I don’t quite understand organizing the grease pencil colors yet.

I’m really excited about the potential of grease pencil animation, looks like you’re nailing it. I’d excited to see what you do with it!

2 Likes

HAhaha. Beautiful! Very nostalgic style. :smiley:

1 Like

thank you !! i like retro animes, so i put some of it’s mood in my drawings :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, i will make breakdowns of my animations, i think some will be ready in january. For now i have so much work. The shadows are all hand drawn ! you can draw and paint on horizontal plan or vertical, or in any orientation, so that’s how i make them

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

2 Likes

super cool !

1 Like

Bravo! @dedouze

1 Like

Haha bien réalisé et la fin est marrante. Bravo

Hahah nice work and the end is funny. :rofl:

1 Like

Really funny :joy: Great work!

1 Like

The animation looks great. I think we need more animation styles like this. Also, how easy is it to animate with grease pencil?

2 Likes

Great style! I loved it!

2 Likes

Probably the best thing I’ve seen done with the grease pencil so far.

2 Likes

LOL ! Absolutely fantastic ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Super cool!

1 Like

thank you !!

hey thank you !!

thank you so much ! this tool is crazy. The whole blender software is crazy ahah

Amazing. Really like the style! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love it, also the other work on your YT channel with the cycling girl. Nice music too :heart_eyes:

3 Likes