Animation Nodes

@cube404 It’s a beta version, you can download it from http://graphicall.org/ look for the Cython Branch.

@L G: unfortunately I really don’t know why this happens, I never had this in official builds before…
2 things you can do to check if numpy actually exists somewhere:

1. check if this folder exists “blenderversion/2.78/python/lib/python3.5/site-packages/numpy”
  2. open the Python Console editor in Blender and type “import numpy”, if there is an error it is really not there, otherwise AN is just not able to find it, for whatever reason…

I uploaded two more videos showing some more progress of the last few days:

@Leon Cheung Thank you! Find the nodes!

Wow, that attribute duplication/offset is seriously cool! How general is this? Can it be applied to reading animation actions or any of the source object’s animated values?

All these new improvements are great. However is a pitty that no more developers are on board. I have tried myself to do some things but with my limited coding skills is like hitting with the head on a wall. I think this is mainly due to how mature and advanced this tool have become.

BTW Jacques, you have to try AN with the Fracture Modifier Branch. Works very well.

Jacques, great tests/demos :yes:
thanks for keeping it up

have only used cinema mograph tools, bit of grasshopper, a pinch of houdini
and lately this
am no coder, simple technician for now, but i like hiking a mountain range,
while still at the foot hills, taking a stroll a day i enjoying the view on a fantastic voyage
along with sverchok and tips from blendersushi

pecador, love your muse & keep motivated
i believe it to be worth while
all in all, Jacques is still one of rare pioneers in this Blender area

i only wonder what’s gonna be with particle system after 2.8 (full rewrite or some other integrations) and how will it influence AN & sverchok?
If it’s not gonna be a big deal breaker am willing to take the path, will take a couple of years for sure

Ok
My experience is the next:
after cleaning up blender from my machine I could easily install AN to 2.78b
BUT
after some half an hour usage at some sudden point blender stopped and the addon worked no more.
It still works proper on 2.78a though
I guess from this point the experience of others will bring some more knowledge
I will keep using 78a until the situation is not clear

@3pointedit: So far this is only an Object Attribute Output node, so it does not read anything. I’ll update the corresponding input node a little later.

@pecador: No, I haven’t tried the Fracture Branch yet, can you show some images/gifs on how it looks like?
About the development issue: I plan to write a better introduction for AN node development soon. For now I can only suggest you to learn node development by writing your own nodes and not by trying to modify existing ones. Some of these are quite optimised, and don’t reflect how easy it actually is to write your own nodes.
I especially plan to write this introduction because I plan to implement a plugin interface in the future. This will allow other developers to develop there own nodes for AN and share them with the world more easily. Sometimes it is difficult to get specific nodes into the official version of AN, because this will result in endless of different nodes, which will in return make it harder to learn.
Nevertheless I know that some specific nodes can be really useful! So turning them into plugins for AN might solve these problems all at once.

@burnin: I don’t know yet, how this will influence AN. However I’m pretty sure that it won’t make AN obselete. Mainly because a particle system and AN are two totally different things. You can’t do a particle simulation in AN. I hope the both systems will be able to work together nicely :slight_smile:

@L G: alright… sorry for the inconvinience…

Thanks for clarification, just the info i needed. AN, an independent module :).

Here’s Fracture Modifier (home) in action:

Jacques!
I am excited about this addon and am happy to learn deep
so looking for the next to come!

Burnin!
would you share details?

Hi, here you can see many of my AN tests:

very impressive variations
can be any tutorials hoped?

Thanks.
I was thinking of making some, but it all takes time, especially because english is not my first language and don’t want to stutter. :smiley:

would you consider to share some blend files to study?

I try to create a node that will tilt bezier curves by an input, but the start and end points are deformed for some reason.
The node works perfectly for curves that weren’t made from points in AN. Why is that?

Maybe you can try toggling the Cyclic button on Splines from Points node?

Yeah it works when Cyclic is on, but i want it to be open (as a circular progress bar you can see in many motion graphics)

Hi again!
How can I flip text direction when using typewriter effect - I try hebrew text which reads right to left. Though the fonts come in the right order yet the letters are mirrored. Could not figure out how to change that value - nor input of windows, nor changing font type helped…
Can you suggest me?