Animation Nodes

I only recently discovered Animation Nodes. I really want to use it on 2.8!

Can be? Blender is just an addon for Animation Nodes.

1 Like

New test builds for Blender 2.8 are available now: https://github.com/JacquesLucke/animation_nodes/releases

Thank you @OmarSquircleArt for doing the majority of the work.

26 Likes

Yessssssss!!

3 Likes

holy moly the mad lads have done it!! Thank you so much!

Incredible. Thank you so much for the porting. :slight_smile:

One question: is it possible to create a collection for object instances (and all object cloners) on the addon? Maybe this is already on to do list, but I feel it’s a good thing to point out in order to make a better design. That object list on the outliner is really “strange”. Thanks!

Why are there versions for different platforms? Is this going to be the way to install it from now on?

There are different platforms for Blender, so it was always like that.
As example, I use a Windows version but when I need to render on Render.st I need to upload a Linux version

were do I report the crashes again? Bakesound crashed on me…

Sure, just makes it hard to share configs between platforms. I am wondering about the dependency is there that requires separate builds for platforms.

AN uses Cython, which is transpiled to C which is then compiled into shared objects that are python extension modules. Those are platform dependent.
Cython is used to make AN faster.

Ahh ok that makes sense.

hi!

I am trying to assign a vertex color value to the vertexes of a mesh based on a falloff. What could be a good approach to do that?

I am trying to create a loop that for each vertex of the mesh assign a color, but the only vertex color related node I could if is the Set Vertex Color and that works on an object level. Is there a way to operate on a geometry level?

I was wondering if there is also a way of controlling vertex groups the same way.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Check the following post:

thanks this looks super useful!! Tomorrow morning I’ll check it out!

Oh god, what is this? lol

1 Like

Won’t initialize in OSX.

Oh my God!!! Finally, thanks!!!

Just tried it, Baking audio spectrum crashes blender (on Ubuntu’) and won’t install on Windows

Figured how to install on Windows but baking spectrum still crashes.