Anthony's - Sketchbook

Always looking to learn new shortcuts to making neat stuff I jumped on the tutorial Guilherme Henrique did for CG Masters this week. Unfortunatly I did not have the patients to wait for the second installment to see how he does the materials and dove in and made my own. That means there will probably be another post of this same model in the near future, oh well.

There is some nice looking materials being made here.

The only reservation is that there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of entirely original work, but rather work that has resulted from following tutorials and training guides.

Hopefully, you can soon apply your skills to your own ideas a bit more.

We all have to learn it somewhere right? I’ve been using Blender a little over two years now. The first year was a lot of click for click follow along stuff just to learn the proper processes. Along side my learning projects I did a lot of reference work that first year. However, they lacked big time in material detail/proper topology/optimization so I kind of moved away from them and focused on tutorials and guides the following year. At that point there was much more doing what I wanted using the techniques being shared in the tutorials and guides but still some click along. Towards the end of the second year I realized that my modeling was stating to solidify but that my lighting and materials were still way behind so that became the focus for year three. I’ll start putting it all together soon but for now I am enjoying the learning process. Still a lot of stuff out there I feel I can learn from a few people.

All that being said, thank you for the compliment on my material work.:yes: