arcade vehicle driving game

I’m also glad it’s improving each update (it would suck if it got worse)!:eek:

LOL word ¬¬
ok fair enuff im downloading the newest version then haha :smiley:
and the last update sounds funny and fun hehe !
All the best,
ShortK

Love breaking the glass!! :slight_smile:

i couldnt see much great effects(please thats not an offense) coz i run it in the multitexture mode =/ but eventhough i noticed some great changes , and only one thing i think u could improve is when u press the back arrow to reverse it is a little too slow imo but i think it looks more realistic than most of the games coz in real life u cant run forward then go back so fast as most of the games show unless the car is one of a kind hehe…
anyways great job so far tho and i promise i wont say that it s getting better and better at every update considering this is an obvious statement lol
All the best,
ShortK

Hey everyone. Just wanted you to know the game’s current progress.

It took a few attempts, but I finally made a reasonable likeness to the character ‘Zozoo’. I even had enough time to rig up the armature!
Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough time to make animations or set up code; hence no update.
ShortkeyFmeout2: Sorry about the graphics sucking on multi-texture mode; I’ve ignored all other shaders ever since GLSL came out. Perhaps I could bake AO’s to improve the materials in multi-texture mode. I’ll also boost the top reverse speed and power up the reverse function as per your suggestion.
JESUSFRK14: Breaking glass is fun (on a game of course), and there should be more of it once I update the buildings.
Everyone: Hoping to add Zozoo as a playable character by the next update.

Hahaha nice!

http://www.blendswap.com/3D-models/vehicles/ave-o9x4-wheels-not-included/ < free car model, by me. Use if you want.

New update, slightly late:

Character playable! Walk, jump, glide…

…and even drive the car.

Note that getting in the car is a bit glitchy; I’m working to fix it.

Main glitches are:

• Character can only get in the car from one angle, so I removed the animation (now it pauses briefly when you get in/out of the car).
  • If the character gets out of the car on an angle, he walks lopsided.
    JESUSFRK14: Thanks.
    bl33d: Hmmm… I might use this car as an AI opponent. Thanks for sharing!

New upload:

Animation for getting into the car is fixed; character will now automatically line up with the door!

Feel free to explore completed buildings - you can now open doors!

The glitch that causes the character to go lopsided after getting out of the car still hasn’t been fixed, I need to figure out a way to clear the character’s x and y rotation. Maybe with Python…

Another update, for anyone who’s interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?wttn2mn2zzu
I’ve got the rotation bug under control. I used Python, then set rotation damping to max.

Like a bit of bush-bashing? The game now has interactable foliage!

Bl33d’s car has replaced the AI car just as promised.
The character’s movement has been changed from ‘Servo controls’ to ‘Simple Motion’, because the character accelerated up steep slopes. Simple motion fixed this; although it is now possible to go through walls on rare occasion.

Other than that, not much has changed, as I was working on an assignment for most of the week.
Don’t forget to post your criticisms and comments!

nice, but maybe it’s just me but i think you should work out the wings a little bit more

Really like the game so far!

Be the first to download this quality package of entertainment…lol!:smiley:

More platform jumping terrain. Nothing exciting at the top, but I’m working on it.

Go fast enough, and you’ll land safely on the lower bridge structure, otherwise you’re in for the big drop…

Ancient Greek:
Nice, but maybe it’s just me but i think you should work out the wings a little bit more.

I’m not quite sure what you’re saying.
Do you mean: physical appearance, size, animation, how the wings sit in the car (which needs work), or something else? (Or all of the above).
JESUSFRK14: Still rockin’ on!:yes:

Looking great :slight_smile: it was good to be able to meet with you every Wednesday to see how everything was going, you’ll have to let me know when you have your breaks next semester… Sorry about missing our last meeting btw, I had to work :confused:

OH boy it looks like the game is getting better an better huh? lol jking i wont say that anymore :smiley:
well downloading then hehe,but nice character up there driving the vehicle ^^ and btw its nice to have someone sharing the logic and python setups that way newbies like me can learn in real life scenario if u know what i mean…
Congratz so far dude and after playing i might as well make an extra comment here :smiley:
Kind regards,
ShortK

New link, hot from the press!

The former ‘convention’ centre has been given a facelift, actually a ‘conference’ centre now. Obviously WIP.

Interior of the conference centre, reception desk and stairs.

You can now climb ladders. They’re pretty touchy though, and you have to line up to the ladder perfectly for the character to climb.

The character’s camera has been recentred, the bloom filter has been tweaked, in addition to more foliage (and other small changes).
Why did I change the convention centre to a conference centre you ask? It’s because real life conference centres are huge, and my building is measly by comparison (not that it really matters).

Dakka Dakka: Thanks! I sent you a message with my time off for next semester.
ShortkeyFmeout2: I don’t mind if you say it’s ‘getting better with each update’ (it’s just logical that should happen). I’m happy to share my work, especially if it helps others out:D. (Unlike other blender artists who .exe their work…)

Nice!!!
i played the update before the last one ,and i can tell the game is awesome so far dude!
i just had a few problems which ended up in errors but after restarting the game everything was fine and ran smoothly :smiley:
Keep up the good stuff tho!
Yours,
ShortK

Looks super fun!

Can you make that tank- like car drivable? It would be awesome to be able to drive it.

ShortkeyFmeout2: Thanks! Also, what kind of errors? Problems with Blender, or glitches in the game?
JESUSFRK14: Thanks!
popjam18: You mean the front-loader? I’m not sure. I’ve never had a vehicle run on catepillar treads before…
I’ll attempt to make it drivable later. For now, I’m refurbishing my buildings.

Hey CalebR,
i dont remember what was the msg specificly so ima have to look at it again and ofc try to recreate the error which never happened again but for what i can remember when i once looked in the console cmd there has something to do with suppression…
anyways not a big deal …ur game looks superb ill be looking forward for the next updates!!!
All the best,
ShortK