Are you moving to canada?

The great question… are you going to Canada?

Sorry, complete bias, but I needed some humorous relief. Please don’t hate me.

[edit]Added another option, just for fairness’ sake. In reality, the last option is the one I’m going by. I created this poll because I felt a lot of people needed a way to vent, however, and a “BUSH SUCKS GOD DAMMIT WHY DID HE WIN” would be a lot worse.

Sorry if it was in bad taste, nonetheless.[/edit]

oh this is so going to be flame war…

/me sits and wait to see the bashing starting.

I vote for last option, quietly call Theeth’s name.

oh, oh…
I have some time, so here we go.

Bush really is an idiot. Of all the Bush “supporters” I have met and talked to have had no answers to the question: “Why will you vote for Bush?”

They all answer with a stupid anti-kerry remark. Either kerry is pro-abortion, or he was a traitor, et.c.

So am scared of the idiot west virginian hicks running the country, and a cowboy in charge who is “on the side of sportsmen.”

My teacher at school had to stay home today because he is afraid of the students, him being quite short and very democratic. He is afraid that the student would make a stupid, Bush type remark, and the teacher would explode on him.

Everything about bush’s policies is so horribly wrong. Leave no child behind is a joke. It introduces more testing, and no more real funds to deal with it. We blame the schools, but then divert all their funds to war.

And war. I don’t want to be draftet. (i wouldn’t, bad feet) But whatever I do, I don’t want to see my friends go to a stupid war in a place we don’t have to be.

Idiot.

http://www.auburn.edu/~handjor/humtorch2.jpg

hell yeah i move to canada or sweden or something. around 2030 ill be paying for one old person. taxes will be very high. no nice retirement plans for me. im ******.
is new zealand a nice country to live in?

Canada has some beautiful countryside, if i don’t return to NZ soon I’d consider moving there, this big sky in Holland is twisting my perception, need mountains and angry water now :slight_smile:

oh Mifune yes Nz is nice, I was looking at Norway … their small towns are disappearing so there is an initative to attract immigrants to live in rural areas… very cheap land prices, just a bit of daydreaming but might be of interest.
http://www.norsk.nl/

If you move, then you have no respect for:

A) your fellow citizens who voted for whoever won. That’s the way this country works. Don’t like it? Then keep eating your foot, it’s quite funny.

B) The political process in the country that fairly selected the winner.

C) The loser. Even Kerry respects the way the system works, his President, those who voted against him etc. You discredit him, and dishonor him when you move. He worked hard to get your vote and leaving because he didn’t win makes him look like an idiot because his supporters are cowards.

If Kerry had won I would do everything within my power as a United States citizen to stop him from carrying out his “plans” (of which he never really elaborated on), everything with in the law and my rights. I wouldn’t show enough irreverance, distrust, or complete ignorance of the Constitution, the President, any office holder, my fellow citizens or my country as to acutally move to another nation.

I realise this is in “jest” but it’s in very poor taste. :<

Norway’s too crinkly. %|

i live in norway, it is great 8) .

im not old enough to say im moving to another country. first i will finish my education an then im going to work for a few years. then ill see. but emigrating could be an option. i certantely want to see some parts of the world.

but zenitor. why did you move to holland?

I’m not going to elaborate on my opinions, except to say that I whole-heartedly agree with Sam Adam.

oh, oh…
I have some time, so here we go.

Bush really is an idiot. Of all the Bush “supporters” I have met and talked to have had no answers to the question: “Why will you vote for Bush?”

They all answer with a stupid anti-kerry remark. Either kerry is pro-abortion, or he was a traitor, et.c.

So am scared of the idiot west virginian hicks running the country, and a cowboy in charge who is “on the side of sportsmen.”

My teacher at school had to stay home today because he is afraid of the students, him being quite short and very democratic. He is afraid that the student would make a stupid, Bush type remark, and the teacher would explode on him.

Everything about bush’s policies is so horribly wrong. Leave no child behind is a joke. It introduces more testing, and no more real funds to deal with it. We blame the schools, but then divert all their funds to war.

And war. I don’t want to be draftet. (i wouldn’t, bad feet) But whatever I do, I don’t want to see my friends go to a stupid war in a place we don’t have to be.

Idiot.

Well, fine, Dante, I will.

But I still back Kerry.

I have SO much respect for you!

are you even aware of who is in charge of instituting the draft in the US? I’ll give you a hint: Its not the president.

are you aware of how dreadfully unpopular the draft is in the US? It’s far more likely that the US will pull out of Iraq before the draft is instituted. Hell, I’m conservative and would rather pull out before we begin with the draft.

mifune: I was over here exploring the world as Kiwis like to do “the big OE” and fell in love with a dutch girl. Love plain and simple :expressionless:

you’re not allowed to move here with an avatar like that.
you’d be shopt by customs officials (hopefully LOL)

Alltaken :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Alltaken”]

you’re not allowed to move here with an avatar like that.
you’d be shopt by customs officials (hopefully LOL)

Alltaken :stuck_out_tongue: :P[/quote]

ill change it when i have a good idea what to blend to replace the clown.

Unhappy Democrats Need to Wait to Get Into Canada

By David Ljunggren

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Disgruntled Democrats seeking a safe Canadian haven after President Bush won Tuesday’s election should not pack their bags just yet.

Canadian officials made clear on Wednesday that any U.S. citizens so fed up with Bush that they want to make a fresh start up north would have to stand in line like any other would-be immigrants – a wait that can take up to a year.

“You just can’t come into Canada and say ‘I’m going to stay here’. In other words, there has to be an application. There has to be a reason why the person is coming to Canada,” said immigration ministry spokeswoman Maria Iadinardi.

There are anywhere from 600,000 to a million Americans living in Canada, a country that leans more to the left than the United States and has traditionally favored the Democrats over the Republicans.

But recent statistics show a gradual decline in U.S. citizens coming to work in Canada, which has a creaking publicly funded healthcare system and relatively high levels of personal taxation.

Government officials, real estate brokers and Democrat activists said that while some Americans might talk about a move to Canada rather than living with a new Bush administration, they did not expect a mass influx.

“It’s one thing to say ‘I’m leaving for Canada’ and quite another to actually find a job here and wonder about where you’re going to live and where the children are going to go to school,” said one government official.

Roger King of the Toronto-based Democrats Abroad group said he had heard nothing to back up talk of a possible exodus of party members.

“I imagine most committed Democrats will want to stay in the United States and continue being politically active there,” he told Reuters.

Americans seeking to immigrate can apply to become permanent citizens of Canada, a process that often takes a year. Becoming a full citizen takes a further three years.

The other main way to move north on a long-term basis is to find a job, which in all cases requires a work permit. This takes from four to six months to come through.

Official statistics show the number of U.S. workers entering Canada dropped to 15,789 in 2002 from 21,627 in 2000. Early indicators on Wednesday showed little sign of this changing.
A spokesman for Canada’s foreign affairs ministry said there had been no increase in the number of hits on the Washington embassy’s immigration Web site, while housing brokers said they doubted they would see a surge in U.S. business.

“Canada’s always open and welcoming to Americans who want to relocate here, but we don’t think it would be a trend or movement,” said Gino Romanese of Royal Lepage Residential Real Estate Services in Toronto.

Those wishing to move to Canada could always take a risk and claim refugee status – the path chosen earlier this year by two U.S. deserters who opposed the war in Iraq.

“Anybody who enters Canada who claims refugee status will be provided with a work permit … it doesn’t matter what country they’re from,” Iadinardi said.

Refugee cases are handled by special boards, which can take months to decide whether to admit applicants. The rulings can be appealed and opposition politicians complain some people ordered deported have been in Canada for 10 years or more.

You mean the 58,884,557 people that just voted for Bush?

Population of West Virginia: 1,810,354

Hmm… so the 3,571,489 more people who voted for Bush must be from…oh wait here’s a list:

Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
West Virginia
Wyoming

So you’re implying that because the people of those states fairly elected the next President that they’re all hicks? That’s perhaps the most anti-American thing the left has said yet.

ha ha, desoto, nicely said

and i do accolade the obvious class Kerry displayed by conceding

and why would i vote for bush? (im 13…)

here:

1. Bush has lived up to his promise of (as it says in the inaguration oath) protecting the constitution and this nation.

2. Bush has helped led the economy through one of the worst recessions that he inherited

3. Bush has constantly stood up for what he thought was right, not what was popular, such as:

Gay Marriage
Abortion
Domestic Security
Foreign Policy
Defending Democracy

1. Bush has been a strong leader, and I think he is a stronger leader than Kerry could ever be.

but, he’s not that much better than Kerry…

~Delta

One day I may renounce my citizenship and move away. I’ve considered Australia and a few European countries, but there’s an overwhelming chance I’ll keep my citizenship anyway. What dittohead said pretty much applies to me… I have little or no respect for most of my countrymen and the process which elects public officials. It’s dirty, full of misinformation, and the reasons that people give for voting for one candidate over the other often make me want to vomit in disgust. The country is literally half-full of ignorant idiots, and I don’t really like it. If it weren’t for the other half I don’t think I would stay here much longer than it would take to gather the funds to leave.

I am a citizen of the world, and my views are based on that. I don’t buy this garbage that we can just disregard what everyone else thinks and act in our own “interests” (whatever those interests may be usually I don’t agree with them). I don’t like the way politicians make non-issues deciding factors of elections. I don’t like voting for the lesser of two evils, in whatever election that may be (I don’t consider Kerry an evil but the Senate race here was as such). I don’t like the way the government hands out money like candy to those who it deems to “need” it, and far overstaffs its offices to the point of wasting billions on unnecessary employees by the month. I don’t like that politicians can’t do the things they know to be right because it would oust them from office and stick a voice for the rednecks in his place. I don’t like that it’s 2004 and it’s the first year that an African-American has made it into the Senate, and we still haven’t had a minority president.

Overall, I hate the government. I love the country and the things it is supposed to stand for, but somehow lost along the way. If it doesn’t get off of this track toward self-destruction fast, I may be off at the next stop. Others may cry for revolution if they can’t get major changes, and that should sound more serious to you than it probably will.