Array tools, all in one for translation, scale and rotation array

Hi
Good to know you’re around when it does!
Sounds like a great addon, I’ll try it out.

Hello,
I’ve discovered your addon and it’s very helpful, thanks
I just have found a limitation using curves:
when I try to create an array of curve circles and scaling them down it works fine
but if I add depth to the curve none of the circle have the same width, they all have a width corresponding to the value of the scale
Trying to join mesh doesn’t help
I can fix this manually in edit mode using ALT-S shortcut to change the width value but it can take time and it’s not very precise
So if you have time to fix this it could be nice
Thanks

Hi,
I’m not sure to understand your problem since scale is made for this.

ok I found it out : if I join the curves together it works as expected (don’t know why but the first time I tried it didn’t work :(()

Love this add-on. Thanks a lot for sharing this with the Blender community, @Elreenys ! I particularly love the fact that this is usable on metaballs because it is not modifier-based. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words !

1 Like

I think this add-on will be great for something I’m working on. But I’m a 100% newb with Blender (and also Python too). I would like to create a tool that will build a stack of arrays automatically with Python, but I can’t figure out how. I was able to enable the add on in my script window and it gets no errors, but when I try to create an array, it basically just creates only my starting metaball.

My goal is to have several stacks of tighter grouped smaller metaballs (but with the overall envelope more/less the same size. Imagine a cube shaped envelope, but every few laters the metaball shapes are tigher packed together (and smaller).

Can you help a newbie?

1 Like

Hi and welcome,
I don’t know metaball well but you should learn a bit of python. I encourage you to read this (https://behreajj.medium.com/creative-coding-in-blender-2-92-a-primer-7ac1b6fec3f). That may be useful and it’s a good starting point.

(Note : you should avoid posting here, there’s a coding section. )

1 Like

This addon is a gift from heaven! is it still being updated?
I am willing to pay for such a quality much needed addon.

Greetings,
Sébastian

Hi, welcome and thanks !

As long as I could, I will maintain it. And no, you don’t need to pay for it, it’s my gift for Blender.

So have fun with it !

7 Likes