Some people will say “great another array addon, not have enough yet”. Maybe. The truth is that I always wanted to use the array tools of 3dsmax on blender. It’s not that I unlike the array modifier but to get a circular array, you need to add an empty and rotate him.
Unlike most other addon, I do not use modifier. So no extra empty to add.
With this you can :
- create translation array with offset or global distance
- create scale array with offset or global scale
- create rotation array with offset angle or global angle
in any direction and mix translation, scale and rotation.
Please give me your feedback, I would like to know what you think.
Edit : New random options add. Choose the simple mode to random all axis or the advanced one, to choose 1, 2 or 3 axis.
- add row options
- each session of array has now his own collection
With the add of rows, you have a lot more fun.
- add variation in rows. (Give you the possibility to add or remove elements in each row)
- add row alignment
How to install in Blender
(Remove previous version if any)
- Download the array_tools_x-x-x.zip array_tools_1-2-1.zip (14.1 KB) for Blender 2.8
or this file for Blender 2.79 array_tools_1-0-1_for_2-79.zip (4.4 KB) (no update available for 2.79)
- in Blender 2.80, go to edit > preferences > add-ons > install and select the file
in Blender 2.79, go to file > user preferences > add-ons > install add-on from file
- check the addon Array_tools
How it works
- select the object reference for array
- in sidebar, look for Array tools tab
- click the start button
- play with the settings
- have fun !
Don’t forget, you have to be in object mode and select one object to make it works.