Array tools, all in one for translation, scale and rotation array

Hi,
I don’t think so since you can do it.
With a mirror modifier (on x and y) on the original object and a mirror object (like an empty…) at the same position, rotation. Start the addon and voila!

The only problem is the creation of unwanted copies.

1 Like

Hi,
It’s a bit weird to ask permission after posting :thinking: but I’m not against, you have my approval.

Easier to get forgiveness than permission :sweat_smile:

When I first started adding add-ons, I tried to get permission first, but many developers are hard to get ahold of or still haven’t responded, and it’s not much different than sharing the link or doing a video “how-to” of their add-ons, which I assume most people never even reach out to the devs to let them know they are doing it.

This is also one reason while I’m focusing on adding GitHub add-ons since they are free and open-source. Since I am not selling it, I think it can only be good for the developers and the community :slight_smile:

But if there is any reason someone doesn’t want me to add their add-on, I will not, just out of respect for them.

Either way, thank you for your work, and thanks for the response!

Maybe a slight faux pas, but I would be grateful for the attention so more
users would be aware of it. :wink:
So many cool addons, so little time.
Thank you both.

To @BLENDERender.com : I should be the one who thanks you.
So thanks for your initiave :slightly_smiling_face:

To @3dcal : I agree.

2 Likes

hi. why is not flat on Z axes? what i doing wrong? any advice? thanks.

i fixed the outside circle z axes flatness. but now is like this :

i try it with a tube from ADD and is working fine. what can be with my custom tube? any idea?

Hi,
If no pivot point is chosen, it is the origin of the master object that is used instead. So check his location and move it to get the result you want.

look, is like this. can be that inside this tube --was made by a friend in blender in 2.79-2.8 and after-- something with the axis? if yes , can be cheked somehow? with a cylinder is all fine.

I thought you haven’t pivot sorry for that. With a pivot point, change for world axis in the rotation part.
If it doesn’t work and if you want, upload a file with your object to see what’s wrong.

maybe this version of blende have a problem? i try it the array with other app too and doing the same like yours : 1 put the entire array in this angle and 2 lift all the objects up. i must to adjust the high with simple deform–bend . here are 2 situations with cylinder i experimented. i have no idea.

I don’t know what could be the problem, I haven’ here.

yes i know now ,too, is not from your add. look at this images what is doing. any idea to where to show this from blender?

this is with spin duplicates do it. but for blender have no importance, is own or other app.

can be this a bug , so i report it?

Try first the last release of Blender : yours is 2.93.1 and currently it’s 2.93.3.

i will try. how can i make holes in this object 2 mm diameter spaced 2 or 3 mm , rows let say 30, counts let say 40 ? have a setting to show me?

i try it to boolean and not allowing me. bool tool app don’t do it. to you is working?

Is this addon being updated? On Github the latest edits appear 15 months old.
does it need an update or does it work with 3.0, 3.1 ?

Hi,
There is no need update for now. I am on Blender version 3.2.1.

2 Likes