Arrimus3D channel - all vids set to private and now uploading Christian content?

I’m pretty certain I know exactly what you mean. :wink: Enough said.

This is the furthest thing from science. Pure gibberish.

Indeed. I watched a fascinating lecture on this very phenomenon. What he called decoupled cognition.

The latest editions of CRISPR have gotten the technology to the point where it can change the genetics of living adults in real time (as opposed to just embryos). I hope you are up to date with your comic books and sci-fi movies, because it opens the door to our world filling up with people who look like the characters within that media.

That is not to say it would be good use of such tech (at least if it goes beyond trying to undo 1000’s of years of accumulated genetic damage within plants and animals alike).

Blood clots and myocarditis are also fairly common among covid and SARS infections as well. It’s likely that the coronavirus itself, alongside the mRNA vaccines that, by design, closely mimics it, causes a specific type of inflammatory reaction that leads to these issues.

Nah, super real, microscopic robots sound much more likely. Come on, dude. Be realistic… :wink:

3 Likes

Have you seen Innerspace? It’s an old sci-fi movie from way back in the day.

I’m not making any assumptions or accusations here, but how do we know it’s not Dennis Quaid causing all this?

3 Likes

That’s still a rather optimistic sounding description. The genre that came to my mind was Horror -
specifically Body-Horror.
Something along the lines of “The Thing”, “The Fly” or “The Blob”.
The Rick and Morty show coined the fitting term “Cronenberged”.

Sure, but have you thought about the amount of money one could make, the amount of power to hold, - playing God becomes possible, why do good when one can get obsessed with an diabolic powertrip of infinite proportions? The Sky is the limit!

Occams Razor: its just a bad and shoddy designed product created with the intention to make money fast.
But this doesn’t mean that nanobots aren’t developed somewhere else in a deep DARPA underground bunker.

Was? I am still sifting bs and choking on bs.

I have not been oblivious to the fact that we are going offtopic hard and straight into illegal territory and it is clearly my fault.

Quick, post more conspiracy theories before the mods discover this thread! :japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

Hey, the current discussion has nothing to do with the topic of Arrimus3D, let’s get back on topic, thanks!

3 Likes

Poor Arrimus, that lad just can’t seem to please anyone. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Speaking as a (not very angry) Christian, no one throws shade like angry Christians :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I can certainly think of another Abrahamic group that do, but that would be going WAY off topic again. :rofl:

Does anybody know where Arrimus is from? His Artstation says Faroe Islands(but I very much doubt it), and he has a sort of unusual American sounding(but not American) accent. I’ve always been curious as to where he hails from.

4 Likes

After we have (successfully I might say) explored the deeper sociopolitical and cultural conditions that might have been responsible for creating the motivation in Arrimus to drastically and suddenly alter his reputation and public persona - I have come to the conclusion that he is either:
- trolling
- confused
- a new member of a weird branch of an christian sect/cult
- a combination of all

or (being actually serious here) simply is fed up with his personal status quo or burnt out and in need of an drastic change.
The recent years have been wild and we don’t know anything about his personal circumstances and the possibility of hardship, pain and suffering he might had to endure because of it.

All I can say for certain is that he is a good teacher, I have learnt a lot from him and I am thankful for it, and I wish him all the best.

4 Likes

Yeah, there has been an increase in myocarditis cases among certain demographics doctors wouldn’t expect to see it in post-jab, but it’s more of a “slight, though statistically relevant” type situation moreso than a “highly probable risk thereof.”

I can’t remember the exact numbers (and truth be told, I only looked them up because I was having a similar argument with someone else), but I think it falls along the lines of around 1000 cases per 20 million shots. Yeah, you’d have a better chance of developing myocarditis after getting the covid shot than you would winning the lottery, but neither one are likely to happen to you.

I think the biggest problem with the vaccine is that it’s only so-so. That’s been a problem with ALL mRNA vaccines previously tested though. Still, 30% protection is better than 0%, especially in a pandemic situation where hospital loads are a major concern. So…

…don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the half-assed, but good enough.

2 Likes

Yeah, from what I can gather, he went on holidays/time off and said he was leaving his channel in the hands of his ‘friends’ who were going to be posting content. This was his last video before the Christian stuff started up. Who knows? The internet has always been a weird place, so yes, I hope he’s doing well and wish him all the best in whatever he decides to do.

He was a prolific and consistent content creator so maybe he just burned out and decided to reevaluate his priorities/life goals? I ran a YT tutorials channel for a few years and it ate up a LOT of time, and I wasn’t near his output volume or consistency. So it’s definitely understandable. The only part I don’t understand is why he blocked 10 years of content? One theory I have is that a lot of it featured guns and monsters so maybe the Christian thing compelled him to consign it to the fires of hell? 3DCoat all over again?

5 Likes

Maintaining a tutorial presence on YouTube is hard, thankless work. It’s closer to a part time job than a hobby, but with no pay to speak of and overwhelming negative feedback. I don’t know how anyone can do it for more than a couple years

3 Likes

It’s funny, but just last year I cashed out around 3K from that old channel, that I didn’t even know was there. :sweat_smile: But that was it for years of content. I did it because I really enjoyed it, but yes, it can be thankless, but I also got a lot of positive messages from people who my content had helped, so it was always encouraging to know that I could help out in some way and give back to the 3D community.

In the end though, the time sinkhole meant that I had to prioritise and concentrate on pushing my own skills further. It’s definitely like a part time job. The editing alone used to take ages, and that’s something a lot of people don’t realise.

7 Likes

A good shot at a reasonable theory but it stands in contrast with the most essential thing in his tutorials - the teaching of principles and techniques and their value.
I never perceived his content as even close to offensive despite the occasional gun and monster here and there.
The majority of Christians is not that sensible towards these objects / themes unless they show up in overabundance in entertainment for children.

2 Likes

Well, reason isn’t usually a factor with the more extreme forms of belief. There are plenty of Christian sects who would view depictions of monsters/demons as heretical graven images. Of course, this is just complete speculation on my behalf, but it would make sense if he has gone to one of these sects.

2 Likes

The majority of Christians (even conservative ones) have no problems with images depicting weapons or monsters unless they were of an outright satanic or of a highly violent/gory/sexual nature. However, it is true there is a subset that follow a very legalistic view of scripture and as a result might lose track of the main point (as they become focused on dos, don’ts, whether it is moral to shop at this store, what Sunday wear should look like, ect…).

Well, he has Patrenon, right? I check, this bring him… just over $300 per month. Shame!
There can be many reasons for such decision, but one thing is clear. He barely can survive with money from YT and Patrenon. Maybe someone who is member can say what happening there.

Heh, I have impression that he was withdrawn, gentle person. This time don’t have mercy toward “weak”. People simply snap. No matter, religion, politics, criminal, drugs, alcohol, etc.

Hope that he will pass this period

2 Likes

Some years ago he said he went to the doctor and should be taking it easy with making vids. Pumped out 30 vids monthly thereafter. He must have had some serious RSI or health related issues at some point.