ArtAvenue's Sketchbook

(Thumbnail)

Hey folks! Welcome to my sketchbook. I’ve been using blender since late 2016, and have pretty much used it almost every day since. I mostly enjoy character design, but you’ll see that I’m quite diverse when it comes to my art. You’ll see both new and old work of mine here, and me experimenting with different stuff.

I take inspiration from everything; life experience, philosophy, films, games, comics, music, anime and manga, all that good stuff. My main goal is to tell stories in the form of short films, games and comics. I’m always ready to try new things and be experimental with my art. I hope you enjoy my work. It’s all I could ask for!

Tumblr

SacredVisionsStudio is a group name between me and my sisters.

SacredVisionsStudio.com

This was my first finished character in Blender. Though quite honestly I’m not very found of this model anymore. As I’m a much better artist now. But I hope someone likes it. The initial design of the character was by my sister Kai. This was created back in November 2016.

2 Likes

This model was created back in November 2017. A cute bunny rabbit named Roy. I actually created this character way back in 2013 as a sketch. I over the years perfected his design to what he is today.
I eventually hope to create a short film starring this very character.

And Here is the finished piece.

2 Likes

Here’s images from a short film that I sadly never got off the ground. I was working on it back in December 2017.

The idea of the film was about a girl finding her way out of a giant tower. Though the story had multiple different versions as I was making it. In one version she was trying to find her way out of a dark forest, but I liked the tower idea better. I was going for maybe a slight “Tim Burton” feel. I wanted to make the art as simple as possible, as this would of been my first large animation project. I unfortunately became less interested in making this short because of a couple of reasons. Like the fact that I didn’t really have a finished story in the first place, and second, Well, I came up with a new story that I felt more passionate about. Though I do plan on revisiting the characters that I created for this film one day.

1 Like

Here’s another character that was intended to be in the short film.
A gentleman spider with a sinister personality-

He would have been the antagonist of the film, trying to misguide the girl from finding her way out of the tower.
He’s completely dark, giving him the sense of being a shadow. He definitely would of been a fun character.

Never ending staircase. Where dose it go? Nobody knows.

1 Like

Played around with 2.8 today.

This character is a work in progress.

3 Likes

Remember the character from my first post? As I said, I wasn’t completely happy with how he turned out, so over the last few years of using blender I worked on multiple other versions of him.

This is my 2017 version of him. I worked on this one for a couple of months so you see gradual changes with him.

3 Likes

Here’s the currently in progress 2018 version of the character.

Cycles

Eevee

The latest version of the character is definitely the best version of this character so far. Much more in line with the visual I had in my head for the character. Perhaps this version is less realistic and more anime styled, but that’s okay. Sometimes I just want something to look “Right” rather then realistic.

None the less, seeing the multiple versions of this character over the years shows how much I’ve improved as an artist! :grin:

1 Like

Been on vacation recently, but I always have my laptop with me!

Bearded dragon! I kinda like how he looks, I’ll have to wait and see if I continue with this one.

1 Like

(all renders are Eevee)
This character as well as the shaman character I posted previously were for a possible game project that I was working on, sadly this project is on stand still, because I have a different project that I’m putting my full most attention on. Though if I continue this project, it might not be a game, maybe I’ll make it a comic or short film.
who knows? I really do like the design of these characters none the less.

Originally, she wasn’t supposed to have a mouth, the idea was that it was a mask, but I prefer the face better.

1 Like

Here’s some old pre-renders of an alien being I did for my art piece “Faith in Humanity”

And here is the finished piece-

I’d like to mention this was my first real sculpt. Usually I box model pretty much everything as I just never got comfortable with sculpting.

1 Like

Some abstract art I made the other day.

New character design I threw together. Very much a work in progress.

Day 3 or 4 of progress on him. Starting to look a lot more realistic! :grinning:

Cycles

Eevee

Snowy environment in Eevee.

1 Like

London inspired cartoon city that I was working on a few months ago. It was for a project that may or may not ever get off the ground. Like so many other things of mine. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Wow, great to see some more of your work! I really enjoy your art! That last post with the London city is amazing! So much detail, and your character models are really cool to see! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, that London city took me a while to make. And I don’t even know if I’ll ever use it for the short film project I was planning. :pensive: But that’s alright, I still learned a lot while making it. And that’s what’s important! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Threw together a simple cloud shader in Eevee. I saw @pixelshatter 's cloud shader topic. I’m sure his is better, but I thought I’d try my hand at making my own. It’s pretty simple considering all it is are noise textures mixed together with some color ramps into a principled shader.

3 Likes

wow, that looks interesting! Complicated looking, but amazing that that is possible! (so much to learn, it’s wonderful!) I really like how yours turned out! They look nice and puffy! :blush:

1 Like