ArtAvenue's Sketchbook

characters
modeling

Thanks! It is always fun to experiment and try new things! I try to learn a lot so I can make use of things in short films. Like these clouds should look good with my snowy mountain environment which I plan to use in a film… Hopefully! If not, well, at least I learned something! :joy:

(Nine Prisms) #22

Yeah, I agree, it’s good to learn, even if it does not come in handy. But in most cases at least some of what you learned can be used again! :blush: Wow, a short film! That would be so cool! Also agree, it would look nice in a snowy mountain place! :hugs:

Yeah, learning whatever you can is always helpful, never know when you might need that knowledge. Especially when you do things alone like myself, which is why short film creation can be quite challenging. I’ve got like, three different film ideas in my head right now and none of them are even slightly close to being done. :joy:
But I play and experiment in blender for preparation of those ideas, and hopefully, one day, those ideas will form into reality. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Nine Prisms) #24

I understand, I’m only just getting started, but my goal is to make games. I’ll be doing it alone too, but that’s why the internet is so wonderful! We can learn so much from others, and people are amazingly helpful if we get stuck! I’m sure you can do it!:grin::+1:

Well actually, game creation was my original intention when I started 3d. I was learning programing in game maker studio for about 3 years, starting in 2013. Mostly just making simple pixel art games. Than in 2016 I started working with Unity and Blender. But, unfortunately my game idea became pretty out of scope for me to handle. So I took a break from game creation. I still am planning to eventually return to that game, with a clearer head this time. :slightly_smiling_face:

The last year I’ve been focusing entirely on short films and more recently, a web comic, I just have to finalize the story!

Anyway, best of luck to us both!

(Nine Prisms) #26

Haha, it can be so easy to let your imagination run away with you! I remember when I was younger using an RPG maker program. I had such grand ideas, but I only got as far as making the intro screen, a short movie like exchange between the characters, one very small town, and the inside of the inn. xD It took me forever, and I remember spending days just figuring out the coding just to make this one torch light on fire in the hallway. I’m looking forward to getting into the actual coding of game development, because that was where I had the most fun as I got into it more, aside from pixeling the actual graphics. This time though, I’ll start with a simple game so I can actually finish it! :sweat_smile:

Ahh, that is so cool! Both the short film and web comic! Both are a lot of work, but it would definitely be worth the effort, so cool to see your own creations made into a complete story! :heartpulse:

Yeah, I’m sure we can both meet our goals in time! Lets both work hard! :two_hearts::hugs: