Artwork + Screnshots call for Blender.org

Here’s another one. This is a combination of cycles render (building, roads, walls) and photoshopped elements (grass, rocks, vehicle) overlaid on a site photo.

You can’t just legally take anything from the BA forums and use it for the new Blender website. I believe it should’ve been made clear that posting artwork in this thread entitles the BF to use your work on the new website.
Otherwise I expect (or I assume) the people involved to be proactive in contacting those artists for permission, that have posted artwork elsewhere.

You can’t just legally take anything from the BA forums and use it for the new Blender website. I believe it should’ve been made clear that posting artwork in this thread entitles the BF to use your work on the new website.

You are trolling a bit, zalamander? (kidding)
“You can’t just take”… where did you read this?
If you like a work, ask the artist (via PM) for permissions.
It happened to me many times.
If someone picks an artwork, then it is the right time to ask for hi resolution renders, specifications etc. Not before…
What is this? a contest? Give me a brake.

I don’t intent to participate on this “contest”, by all means.
The thread is a little insulting, for the blenderartists community.
This is my opinion, we may discuss it on another thread.
BTW
In BA gallery, we’ll find a lot of good works. Most of them made by using blender and lot of other applications.

I don’t really think that it is insulting? I can’t imagine why… Unless you are saying that it is insulting because the are “too lazy” to search and contact the artists on their own… however, I would argue that they are busy doing more important things. I am sure that they will contact artists individually to obtain work when they have the time and closer to the sites completion, but the purpose of this thread is to preemptively populate the site with images and give artists the opportunity to display their works - which might be especially useful to those who don’t have much exposure yet. There is also the fact that they want some new (non existent - in some cases) works that are abstract and non-obtrusive that fit there specifications, so in some ways there is a request aspect to this thread as well.

I, personally, don’t think you should be offended.

Less debating more artwork posting.

and sorry for not contributing with the above.

Hey bigstu80, is that the library in Cooroy by any chance? Looks familiar to me…

Hey Hammers, in actual fact it’s a new cheese factory in Tasmania. Come to think of it, do I need the client’s permission to post it? Technically it’s my IP. And I was only looking at Copyright Australia the other day (or rather digging through it - it’s huge!)

Edit: OK so as an employee the company owns the copyright so I require permission from them to post it here. I’ll get that sorted.

Other couple of renders:

Not sure if these are of interest?

My two cents =)

Here is one for Cycles fur:

Thought to show off dyntopo’s awesomeness, combined with other complimentary tools in blender

the ref image has a proper license

Here’s my contribution.

Attachments

A couple more.

Attachments

Use this if you want:

Animation here

You so need to do a tutorial.

my 3 cents :slight_smile:

two more below

my favorite

The best I’ve got: