Arvind's BWC entry WIP .. " the edge of reason " .. FINISHED ..

Looking good!
I like what you’ve done with it, except you got rid of all the foliage! I liked it with the grass and the leaves in the tree’s
It would be good to make the line on the floor less clean-cut. Make the worlds bleed together :slight_smile:
It could do with some moss on the walls and some more critters. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the replies!

@Jorzi: that was my first setup with nodes ever( which i copied from some website :stuck_out_tongue: ), so im only beginning and its a little confusing right now… to get a blend texture to keep the glowy effect on one side, i planned to work with layers while post pro in gimp… easy peasy … :smiley:

@Asano : yah … got rid of the foliage , i didnt want the image to be enclosed, i wanted to have more openness… i surely try bleeding the worlds, i had it mind too… But i guess that i’d do it in gimp with a smudge tool … I’ll have to finish the composition…

… update soon … surely within the next 3 days … :smiley:

Nice updates :smiley:

ooohkay … so here’s the final composition …, full res image … (its beeen loong and hard, i’m in no mood to change anything anymore, unless, umm, maybe if i… ummm … :stuck_out_tongue: ) …

I’ll do a render with composite nodes enabled for the blur effect and work with the two images for post production … then i’ll do something about the two worlds merging into each other and lots of other stuff which’ll hit my head when i sit to work …

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3752/biggo.th.jpg

great :smiley:
Also nice NPR-render as a pic on the wall :slight_smile:

Maybe, to get a visually more connected effect, you could either fade the ground textures (carpet with earth) or make the alien in the foreground already… “step over the borders”, trying to reach for him or something :slight_smile:

thanks kram! the postures are a little dull, i agree, but i guess i’ll leave it at that now … …

so here’s the gimped update …

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6141/ahhm.jpg

I actually liked the wall being just “broke” but else a sharp line…

But like that it’s nice too :slight_smile:

alright now … i’m offficially wrapping up the project … off to “finished works” … the last image is the final version…