Asset Management

Hello, could we have an approximative date on when the add-on will be released on 2.8 ? is it already worked on ? new changes incoming ? im just thirsty for news, i rely heavely on this add-on in my workflow :grinning:

1 Like

I am soooo waiting too for the 2.8 version. I use this addon almost every time I open blender.

2 Likes

+1
I am waiting too :slight_smile:

Hi,
Pistiwique is working hard on 2.8 implementation.

Yes, Pistiwique is working on it, at first he wanted to make a totally new version for 2.8, but it demands too much work, so he will just update and later he will make the new version.

2 Likes

Very good to know…mostly working in 2.8 now…only using 2.79 for addons not updated for 2.8 yet.
Eagerly waiting.

pistiwique… Just day dreaming of your upcoming version for 2.8 Is it possible to add the feature of painting the object to the scene. I mean after I add the asset to the scene I can place it where I want it like a drag and drop concept.

I use this addon to place props in a “paint mode”. Asset Sketcher
It’s super usefull intuitive and fun. Take a look on those videos, they are really good.

The workflow is simple:
1 - Take an asset in your oppened scene
2 - Add the object to the paint list/group
3 - Paint in different modes

Works really well with Asset Management addon for selecting your prop in your collection > paint with Asset Sketcher.

Thanks gasperalemao. I was not thinking of having multiples of the same item. I only meant if I select a chair for example… that I can position that chair where I want while it is being added to the scene. I could just as easy grab the object and place it my self, but I thought the feature to drag and drop could be nice but I don’t know if it is possible.

Ow, I get it. I guess that feature you are asking is just to make the workflow like Unity/Unreal. We will have to wait until they have time to implement that feature after porting to 2.8.
Anyway every good sugestion is welcome.

any news on a potential release date for 2.8 ?

We are working on it, be patient please!

3 Likes

Thanks pitiwazou… I have been so waiting for this thank you

1 Like

I got an email regarding 2.8 version even tho not finished where do previous customers download it? The link takes to a new page where you have to buy it again.

Come on our discord and ask to pistiwique.

thank you very much !

Hey…can we get an answer to LMABit’s question without having to create an account at discord? Dont have one…dont care to.
The 2.8 update email link SHOULD take us paid customers to the proper gumroad page to download! Not to the page for people who want to buy it.
I mean really, the runaround to get updates to this addon I paid for, is too much since it’s release in 2016.
You guys really need to take care of this if you value your customers.
I have many many free/paid addons from gumroad, and never have had such a hard time accessing them like I do with AssetManagment.
Thanks.

2 Likes

The link is at the bottom of the email I got click on the image after you scroll all the way to the bottom …

As alternative use the library on gumroad, you’ll find all your products.

1 Like

Thanks Ector3 for the help, I thought that that was an image that was not showing up in the email. I clicked on the large green bar titled Asset Management…takes you the purchase page.
After trying 7 times with capcha at gumroad, I quit.
Thanks again.