Asset Management

hi guys!
i have some issue with this addon. I installed it without any problem and chose the library pass, but I can’t create assets folder (i don’t have any buttom to create it) .
if some one had the same issue before or you know the solution, pls let me know,

thx

SOLVED!!!
if some have the same issue
1 . go to preferences, add ons, choose this add-on , go to the option and enable ‘‘Use Custom Filepath’’
2. after that you will see the ‘‘main library’’ button with the gear instead of 4 buttons (asset , scene, materials, hdri), press this gear and create any library which you want.

Well, I can’t render Thumbnail. It stuck :expressionless: Is there any way to fix it?

How can we help you without any information?
It’s like telling your car don’t start, fix it ^^

1 Like

Sure, my bad :slight_smile:
So I have some custom meshes. Each of them have custom name “SimpleCube”, “SimpleCube2” etc.
When I press + and then OK it starts adding mesh, after that it start rendering and it stuck on “Thumbnail rendering” text. I’ve been waiting about 15 minutes but without results, then I pressed “Chech/Hide console” and in console there is an error “Error: Cannot read file ‘C:\WINDOWS\system32\SimpleCube’: No such file or directory”. First of all, I don’t know why he trying find my asset here. Sometimes location is when Blender is installed.

@edit
Well, it seems that i’m using old version. I need to update my Asset Management addon, but I will do it tomorrow. Maybe this is a solution.

Hey guys, can i store brushes with AM?

I found the Asset Management “AMSphere.blnd” file and removed the “Asset Management” label part of the model. I like the thumbnail better without the label.

You can add your own material render scene :wink:

1 Like

New tutorial

For those who are wondering, yes, the addon will be updated for 2.8, pistiwique is working hard on it!

3 Likes

Create your own insert and add it to the Asset Management, it’s as simple as that!

2 Likes

I added a free pack :wink:

https://twitter.com/pitiwazou/status/1058650163223412736?s=19

4 Likes

Thanks for the free pack pitiwazou and the videos of course.

$ A new library for AM
156 procedurals meshes for your boolean work. These meshes are made with a single vertice and built only by the modifiers. They are therefore perfectly modifiable and do not lose their parameters

https://gumroad.com/l/TBWqb

1 Like

@pitiwazou Thanks for the download, they are very usefull

@jemian
One vertex?! Ohh.
I bought it and gives a lot of inspiration. Thanks.

yep one vertice. These’re tools for non-destructive Boolean work. It gives you a lot of basis to do your own experiments. The advantage over classic primitives is that they do not lose their parameters.

So you can keep a mesh with all its history and change the design without changing all yours Boolean tools. Of course at some point you will have to apply but you will keep a backup that can be modified for several different versions.
As all parameters are accessible, you can also animate these meshes,

Same as that, really powerful!

Hi everyone.
It has been a long time since we had given news of the addon but having been very busy, I could not make the progress I wanted on the update for Blender 2.8.
But since there are often changes in the API, it is better to go slowly so that the transition is smooth.
Unfortunately, I missed Black Friday (both for the reduction of the addon and to take advantage of it) so to remedy this, Asset Management will be at -30% until the end of 2018.
So, for those who don’t have it yet and would like to take advantage of it, don’t hesitate to use this link:

Have a happy Christmas and a good blend at all.

4 Likes

I scoured through the entire thread, so sorry if I missed it, but is 2.2.2 compatible with 2.79 nightly builds?

The addon supports 2.79b, the dailybuild change every days so, not sure it’s compatible.

Oooh, then waiting till 2.8 is my only choice, can’t let go of that bevel node haha

1 Like