Asset Management

And one more question - I create screws and bolts of DIN 934 standards (i want to have all sizes in my library, M6, M7, M8, M10 and so on), how you see they don’t have a big differences on icons, in addition i can’t see full item name in window too… Yes, i can move mouse over every icon and find what i need, but it horrible long time way… Do you have any suggestion how it find and organize quickly?

For now, there’s no search function to sort assets by names.
But it’s in the todo list.
For the name in the preview, we are limited by the size, but you can click on the wheel icon on the right => “Display” => “Show Preview’s names”.
you will have the name of the active asset below the preview

I’m thinking about how to improve the addon interface to better navigate between categories, libraries and so on. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share them here or on the discord.

For old customers (those who bought the addon more than 3 months ago), could you send me your mail in MP, here or on the discord, so I can give you the link to access the new page of the AM, allowing you to download again the addon and his future update please.

Hey guys !
What do you think about a folder hierarchy like this to manage the different libraries of the AM ?

Great for me. Then I don’t need a tag search anymore.
How many subfolders are possible? :slight_smile:

Looks great!

Providing there was a tool to shift existing libraries to the new folder format, yeah, good for me.

no subfolders limit, excepted the Tool panel size :stuck_out_tongue:

pistiwique, when was the last time you updated asset management. I hope to get the next update working properly. Thanks

pistwique I am getting an error when I click to import my material.

I don’t know why but we often have problems with the Chocofur’s asset and in general, it’s because of the maps.
I plan to put more security in place for that.
See if the blend is present in your library.

Thank you pistiwique. I may have to join blender cloud.

Still working on the next interface of the addon

2 Likes

Hi Guys
I have an issue. I have a scene with different objects which have same materials
I need to add this material to library and then replace this material as linked. Is there anyway to do this fast?

Maybe it is possible to do this such way that if I link materials, and press “Click to import” it will replace old one material to linked in all scene?

2018-06-05%2018%2003%2051
hope my explanation is clear))

And yes, do you have any news when new version will be released?
Thank you.

Pitiwazou
how did you put Grass essentials into AM please?
Import all directory, or?

Thanks

Hi,
i have seen, Jean Maurice have a new store side with ready to use boolean assets for asset mangement.
https://cubebrush.co/adikavi

1 Like

Hi,
is there a way to install an already created library ,like the one from cubebrush?
Do i simply copy the folders to my asset management ones?

Yep, that’s what I did, so long as they are in the occretc folder layout, should be ok.

Yes, just have to unzip :wink: