Audi A5

Actually I havn’t thought a single second about that. :stuck_out_tongue: Do you have any suggestions?

I prefer to make my cars the same (or a very similar) colour as what you can buy from the factory, which looks like (according to google) you get to choose from gloss silver or gloss black. I’d go with black.

Ok, I took a look at the Audi Sweden homepage and there I found pretty many diffrent colors to choose between. I think this one looks pretty cool :slight_smile:

Attachments

Yet another minor update on this project, made some new wheels (comments are appreciated :)) and probably some other things. I can now see that I need to update the tires I modeled a while back.

Attachments

Had nothing to do this morning so I made a brakedisc for this project. No materials added at all (except for the bakground plane). The render was made without any lights, only AO.

Attachments

Are you using a subsurf modifier on this model? Looks really good. I still can’t get over how some people are able to get such sharp looking models without artifacts… keep up the good work!

On the car body I’ve used subsurf but on the brakediscs I’ve only used bevel.

Because if feel kind today I give you all a render from the side :slight_smile: Really need to make the mirrors now though…

Attachments

Started on the mirrors today, still pretty much left to do but there is a wip attached. As you can see on the close-up render there is sadly loads of bugs :frowning:

Attachments

Awesome model, but the renders are pretty boring. I usually use a hdri image for the sky so my model has something to reflect (For testing I use the chicago one from http://www.3dvalley.com/textures.shtml).
The mirror doesn’t look that bad, except that the light is missing; and I think you either have a normal problem or an overdone edge crease at the bottom right (I hope you know where I mean).

Thanks dude, will see if I can do something about the boring renders with that HDRI image you talked about :slight_smile: Thanks for pointing out that bug on the mirrors, actually I didn’t see that one before.
And yes, I will add a “house” for the lamp inside the mirror :slight_smile:

Well, this is what it looks like now. There is still some minor fixes left to be done on the mirrors though. But except for that, what’s left to do?

Attachments

Interior, glowing lights (with that HDRi), better materials on the rims and brakes, and finally a completely 3D scene to finish it all off.

Thanks for the comment, interior am I not about to do because I want this project done. What do you mean with “glowing lights”? So that it looks like if they were on? About the materials on the brakes and rims I just have to agree, they really need to be fixed. And yes, some kind of a nice enviroment I think I can fix :slight_smile:

Ps. sorry for the bad english, I’m tired as hell :wink:

With the glowing lights, yeah thats what I mean, but be careful not to overdo it or it will look stupid. Just a nice glow usually works. I used lamps with a really high energy but with a short distance for my Gallardo so they had really sharp falloff. Check the Blender Manual for tips on how to do this.

Thanks for the tip, I will see what it will turn out like.

That looks damn good. Good job man.

thats amazing!
when i see this in the finished projects ill give it 5 stars :spin:

Thanks to you both:) Tonight I’ll post some new renders with some minor updates like on the mirrors and the headlights.

Now with totaly diffrent HDRi and tried to fix some kind of glowing lights in the headlights, check the attached renders and tell me what you think. :slight_smile: What needs to be done to the rims, they look pretty crap imo. :frowning:

Attachments