Auto-rig Pro [3.69]

Thats odd! could you PM me your facial setup file? so weird…
Also before saving the file, did it show up on virustotal with the same results I have received?

Anyone having issues with shape keys not exporting, when using autorig pro 52 and latest blender 2.8?

I can confirm it. Shape keys animation export seems broken as well with the default Fbx exporter… Working on it.

Bug reported:
https://developer.blender.org/T66272

I cannot scan it with virustotal as I have no idea what that is. I do however use Kaspersky, one of the most trusted virus detection programs and it says the file is okay!

I use malwarebytes which is the most trusted virus detection out there, it is still not immune to all viruses, same applies for Kaspersky.
Scanning files in virus total is as easy as going to virus total, choosing a file, and letting it analyze it using many different trusted anti viruses.
Sometimes what one anti virus cannot find, others can.
And VBS viruses can be easily go undetected by your common anti virus.

You can select your addon file (the 3.41.52) and once it is scanned, you’ll be able to copy paste the url in the comments, I hope you can find it easy!

It turns out that it was a different problem than the bug reported, even though the bug is still valid.
It’s fixed in the latest 3.41.54 version.

Again, it’s not a virus and i’m not doing that. Why would I waste my time uploading my files to a website on top of my virus scanner? You have entirely too much time on your hands and seem to be paranoid. XD

If you have any idea what a visual basic script was and how it’s ran you would realize immediately that this is a false positive. Can you please stop posting about this and clogging up the Auto-Rig Pro thread? I prefer to see bug reports and fixes in the thread. Have a great day.

Maybe my concerns are valid as I already suffered from a stubborn VBS scripted bitcoin miner in the past before and I do not wish to have that again.
I’ll do whatever I can to protect my own computer and files and I wouldn’t put my self in a risk such as that again.
I have all rights to be paranoid.
It is your choice to decline to help but it is circumstance to be rude like that just because I have a concern such as that.

I’ve saved over the file in the latest version, and virustotal does not find any threat now. It seems to me it’s very unlikely that such a thing happened, as @thedaemon mentioned it’s probably more an error from virustotal. Anyway you can download and use the latest version if you prefer.

1 Like

Thank you! I feel safer using the file then

Thank you!

What I’d really love to see, is something like a smart import feature. There is a ton of character creators out there, that already create a character model with some bones. If I could use these bones to place some of the reference bones would be really helpful.
For now I am thinking about writing a little script that exports any rig to the export reference rig format. Most rigs don’t have facial bones, so it would be cool, if the smart rig definition thingy could be restarted only for the facial bones. Eg when the imported rig file has no bone definitions for that.
Great tool. I really love it!

Ok, so I did a little dirty hacking and am now able to apply an imported makehuman game engine rig to the reference rig. It only works for bones that are similar, so some of the bones end up a bit wonky, but it is already a great help as it correctly positions the limb and finger(!) bones.

You can find it here: https://github.com/steveday4u/CopyRig

1 Like

Just purchased the pro version works great! Any future development of an automated mesh deform cage for harmonic coordinate defomations?

Hey Lucky,

Thanks for the amazing addon, I can’t believe how fast AND good the rigging is (even the face was 90% right).

The thing that I am having trouble with is motion retargeting. I recorded a 30 second test sequence with a rokoko smart suit pro and it took fifteen minutes to retarget. When it was done the poses were badly warped so I tried the adjust rest pose thingy and that took fifteen minutes too :frowning: (and still didn’t fix the poses).

Any tips? (I’ve watched your youtube on it).

Thanks for your feedback Steve!
Creating a new rig based upon an existing rig would be doable and could be automated indeed (at least for humanoid rigs), though I can think of a few issues when doing so, that would need to be corrected manually, depending on the rig. I’ll keep it in mind, however they are a bunch of new features I’d like to implement first, such as wings/feather limbs, muscles… Now that Blender 2.8 is almost released, I hope to get it done in september/october.

1 Like

Sorry not planned currently, after experimenting a lot with the mesh deform modifier, it seems to me it’s definitely great for stretchy characters, but it also brings new issues: vertex weights may be less accurate and harder to control since they’re deformed by a cage, and also export won’t be supported (Fbx, Dae…).

Thanks for your positive feedback! :slight_smile:
Something definitely went wrong, unless the mocap file is recorded at a very high frame rate (120 fps?). Well, at a standard rate, 30 sec x 25fps = 750 frames, this amount of frame should not take longer than 1 or 2 minutes to retarget.
You can check that there’s no performance killer in the scene, for example as far as I remember a user reported once a huge slow down when retargetting, which was due to soft body physics, being calculated dynamically on each frame, it was slowing done the baking phase when retargetting.

Hey there lucky,

Looks like I might have been using my full 5 minute mocap sequence instead of the short test one I made for testing…

Next question, the face rigging/skinning is great but just needs a little tweaking inside the mouth… what are the best bones to weight paint lower and upper teeth to at 100%?