B-Renderon: Standalone render manager for Blender

Hi! Thanks for the feedback. I had kind of decided to go for just 1 watchfolder for now, but still open to suggestions. I’m not sure I understand though. You mean if you are working on multiple projects in parallel and you want to render them in a network, to have a different watchfolder for each project?

1 Like

Something like that! Totally not necessary though. Just having the basic functionality is whats important, I think. How soon do you think we could try this feature? Or am I missing it in existing builds?

1 Like

I’ve been using it for a long time and it’s been very stable, but after I switched to 3.0, I found a lot of bugs that caused the project to crash when using b-render after turning on compression, which could be related to the new compression algorithm, and the fact that rendering 1 to 100 frames of a scene and then not starting the next queue after 100 frames. ::

With some luck I might start sharing test builds this weeks. Watchfolders are already working but there are other new functionalities that are still W.I.P.

1 Like

Hi! Effectively, the new compression in 3.0 brought some problems with scene management in B-renderon. The update I’m working on solves those. There also appears to be a problem with a couple of popular blender addons that, since some time ago seem to be misbehaving with command line renders, preventing blender to exit, and thus in those cases b-renderon doesn’t get the signal that a render has finished so it doesn’t continue with the queue. I’m adding a setting in the next update to prevent those errors for people with those addons, but in the mean time you can add the extra argument
–factory-startup
to prevent that interference. I hope to release the next b-renderon update soon.

2 Likes

Big B-renderon update!

Version 3.0 brings watchfolders, tokenized output naming, cameras and viewlayers selection, and several other fixes and improvements.

Image 015

7 Likes

Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!! Wow bro, you are truly making B-R a masterpiece!

Guys, for the third dang time: I command you to buy B-Renderon if you do a fair amount of rendering! It already kicked so much ass before, and now it has all this! Astonishing!.. and all for only fourteen bucks!

Chanfiroly buddy, maybe you should change title to include 3.0… like “B-Renderon: Standalone render manager for Blender. Version 3.0 now available!” This would inform folks right in the title that this is a mature, feature-packed addon.

2 Likes

Thank you!! And good suggestion, I’ll add it to the title.

2 Likes

I have started using the watch folders feature and its great! However, if I’m not mistaken it doesn’t do any recursion in its file detection. I often use video files as textures and they can’t be packed (afaik) so I keep each project in a project folder that contains a “SOURCE” folder and project file. Because the project is in a folder inside the watch folder - it doesn’t get picked up.

No pressure on that as a feature - just full disclosure on my recent tests!

Hi! Glad you are finding it useful. Not sure I understand the problem. You have blends on different directory levels or only the textures on the subdirectory?

1 Like

My workflow would be - drop a project folder into the watch folder that includes:

• project file
  • “SOURCE” folder containing video clips that cannot be packed

I would need B-Renderon to see the project file and run automatically in that case. Sorry I misspoke on the levels of recursion (edited now!).

1 Like

Ah I see! Yes, that seems reasonbale, b-renderon should look for blends in subfolders, maybe with a configurable number of levels. I’ll try to add it for the next version.
Thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

B-renderon is 25% off during the spring sale at the blender market!

1 Like

@giacometti777 and any B-renderon user that wants to test it: I’ve uploaded a test build for the upcoming release. For the time being there’s only a Windows build. It’s mostly a corrective version. The changes so far are these:

• Added watchfolders recursion

• Fixed an issue with tokenized naming when using watchfolders

• Fixed an error with the total render time reported in the status bar (it some times would be very off)

• Fixed a crash with the browse output path button

• Fixed an issue when trying to load multiple cameras from multiple scenes from a blend

• Added presets in the extra arguments window to set the X and Y resolution of the renders

The build is available among the product files at the blender market as
05-05-2022_B-renderon-master-3.1dev-Windows-TESTBUILD

1 Like

Amazing! You are the best! I will check it out ASAP!

1 Like

Great! Let me know if it’s working as expected now.

Yesterday I bought the add-on and I think it’s super usefull. I use it for rendering out multiple animation scenes. It is only a few clicks and there is a rendering que, rendering… Indespensible. Also good it feels faster it renders faster than when I render an animation within blender.

2 Likes

Yep! It rocks indeed! And it is still my favorite and most cherished Blender purchase. Make sure you spread the word.

Again, I command those who do not own B-R to buy it now! You will thank me, and especially Chanfiroly. He IS the man.

1 Like

Look time user here, I couldn’t live without this software!

I’ve recently begun collaborating with someone working on a Mac Studio, any chance of getting an Apple Silicon build?

Thank you very much! I’m happy to read that!