Hey, Blender community!
RizomUV is an incredible piece of software and I really wanted to use it with blender efficiently. So I learned Python over the weekend to build my first addon. Currently, the addon is automatic in the sense that you set up the options beforehand inside of Blender and hit the “Auto Unfold!” button that sends it off to unfold to be auto seamed, cut, unfolded, and packed! A few seconds later the model is reimported and the UVs and transferred back to the original model!
Please feel free to give any feedback! As mentioned I just got into Python for the first time, and I’m eager to learn more tips and tricks for improving the addon!
Enjoy! And thanks for the excellent software!
I’m currently working on getting more of the settings into Blender so you have more control over the automatic process!
—> https://gumroad.com/l/YaKjy <—
How to install:
- Download zip from Github
- Blender -> File -> User Preferences
- Add-ons -> Install Add-on from File…
- Select the downloaded zip
- Set the path to the Unfold3D exe/.app in the preferences of the addon (uncheck relative path)
- Save User Settings
- Enjoy! You’ll find the options under the Tool Shelf (T)