Back to Kordon. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. fan art WIP

Inspired by Stalker 2 teaser, I decided to make fan art of the famous bridge from the first location of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.

Blender for modeling and UV, UE4 for real time

11 Likes

noice work. I remember under that bridge there are several military guys await for you :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

I’m impressed!

1 Like

Thanks guys, quick look from UE4

2 Likes

How many verts, total?

For now it’s near to 55k vert for all unique parts of the bridge
But numbers are not final, there is room for optimize and not all parts are ready yet.

Polycount

With all instances combined in engine it’s about 950k triangels for LOD 0

That’s a lot less than I expected…

For the better or for the worse? :sweat_smile:

Quck material test, with bevels there is no need to bake normal maps fot the hard surfaces
I’m gonna do layered tiled materials with RGBA masking, like EPIC did on Paragon assets

1 Like

I didn’t see where you said there were 950k tris.

That’s more my expectations.

Still all good!

1 Like

i love stalker series,nice modeling

1 Like

Started packing texture sets, separated groups by materials, it seems to be an endless process =)
there are free spaces on the atlas, I think I can pack better

1 Like

This is amazing man it’s been 3 months for me since I got into 3D :sweat_smile: I hope someday I can make something like you​:raised_hands: how long have you been into the 3D blender scene?

1 Like

Thanks man, I have been working on this scene in my spare time for several weeks,
but in the last week I have made it further than all the time.

I have been working in a blender in archviz for 15 years, but creating models for real-time requires a different approach to creating models, in a sense I am learning again.
Only recently I have more or less developed convenient pipeline and now the process has gone faster

Study and try, make mistakes and try again, everything will work out :smile:

You are a rey of hope😊 thanks

1 Like

Hey i was inspired by you and have been trying out some hard surface modeling its super hard XD can u point me to some resource you used when starting out? even paid courses is fine thanks mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, good to hear! check for Gleb Alexandrov channel, there is tonn of hard surface stuff

In my case there is very simple geometry with bevel and weighted normal modifiers

Quixel Megascans + UE4 Layered materials with RGB masks.
So there is 3 textures sets for masking layers, all proceduraly generated in painter, no normal map backed for geometry

4 Likes

Small update, trying scuplting in Blender

1 Like