BagaPie Addon

ok thankyou.

Can someone help me with changing the leaf mesh for the ivy generator? I am hoping to use just 2 triangles per leaf with a leaf material on it, to reduce poly-count. Thanks.

Hi - Just bought BagaPie

Am I right in thinking that invoking scatter on a mesh that already has a particle sytem attached to it kills that particle sytem off…??

When I add some scatter grass to a mesh with trees already instanced with particles, the trees vanish…

Any thoughts?

Hi, Thanks.

We must avoid accumulating several scattering systems with different node groups. BagaPie is made so that all the scattering layers are mixed in a single node tree.

Here is somes “rules” (as a reminder):

• Scatter and scatter paint are independent of each other.
  • There can only be one scatter layer. If there is already one, the assets will be added to the existing collection. (so if you scatter grass, the density will be set for grass. if you add trees afterwards, the density is not recalculated and your trees will have the same density as the grass).
  • You can do as many scatter paint as you want (you can imitate the scatter modification using an entire painted surface (use the “Clear” tool then “Invert” in the N panel to select all)).

In your case, do you use Scatter or Scatter Paint ?
(In my opinion, Scatter Paint is the most suitable for trees)

I’m not english, so if i’m not clear, let me know.
Do not hesitate, if it is possible to send me a screenshot.

Hi

Here’s a couple of screenshots.

The trees are scattered using particles within Blender.

When I invoke a BagaPie scatter, the trees vanish…

Regards

Nigel Cartwright
07860 628106

[email protected]
https://www.modeltek.com

OK, I see the concern.
I have not tested but my theory is that the particle system (which is completely outdated by geometry nodes since) is not supported by the node tree. The Node Tree is probably deleting the instances.

• Hide your particle systems
  • In the modifier stack, drag the Geometry Nodes modifier in top of the list. (effore particles)
  • Unhide your particles

You mean like this?

I hid the particles systems, added the BagaPie scatter, and moved it to the top of the tree.
Then unhid the particles.

Same result.

If I hide the BagaPie scatter, the particles re-appear…

Regards

Nigel Cartwright
07860 628106

[email protected]

And thanks for looking at this.

BagaPie is great, just wish I could figure this out!!

Regards

Nigel Cartwright
07860 628106

[email protected]

Unfortunatly Geometry Nodes and Particles aren’t compatibles :confused:

Hey Antoine, I’ve used your add-on in the past and it’s brilliant. I’ve just bought your Asset pack and downloaded the modifier Add-on for Blender 3, but I can’t get the modifier add-on to install when I tick it. Please help!

thanks

Dane

Hi, thanks for report :slight_smile:

What version of bagapie modifier are you using?

current version : 0.5.0.5 and 0.5.0.6 out today

Hey,

Thanks for speedy reply! I’m using latest 0.5.0.6 from today

Ok,

Try this :
Remove the addon.
Restart Blender
And reinstall

If it not working try again with V 0.5.0.5

Thanks

Edit : I tried on one of my computer and it works.

Hero! That worked! Thanks so much for helping me so quickly, really appreciate it. I have a little one and literally could only squeeze an hour of work today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha ^^
I hope you will enjoy the addon ! =)

I’ve been having so much fun with the addon, and the new features!!!
I just got one question, for the ivy gen, is there a parameter in the geo nodes to determine the branches thickness? I tried playing around with all the numbers, but I couldn’t find anything

1 Like

Hi, thanks!
Unfortunately no. :confused: You must edit the source meshes.

That explains why I couldn’t find it in the nodes XD
Alright then, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys,
Why scattered objects disappear after modifier application?
How to preserve scattered objects as if they were created using the particle system?

I would need to be able to rotate or delete scattered objects individually later, etc.

Thank you very much

Hi,

Use Make Instance real for Geometry Nodes.

Unless there are few instances, I strongly advise against converting instances to object.