BakeTool 2.5 Released for Blender 3.0!

New user and enjoying the tool thus far, but if in trying to do a High to Low test bake I receive this error in 2.0 preview1 using the nightly blender build from May 13th.
Error:

Settings used here,

Seems that Target is not working in last Blender 2.8 version. We will fix it very soon.

1 Like

Hi,
I need to bake the principled BSDF node in the EEVEE engine into maps for use in other programs. I see that the demonstration is the result displayed by the baking cycles engine. I am not sure whether this tool is suitable for me.
Thanks!

The 2.0 version is yet in development and some more complex features will come later. One of those is the automatic setup to eevee PBR after bake. If that’s what you need it’s not in this release yet but of course you can bake (most of) the PBR maps in Baketool and configure your final material manually.

Hi,

I bought your plug-in and tested two simple scenarios, but it didn’t work properly. One of them had an error message and the other file did not work by clicking the bake button. I don’t understand why this is happening. Is there something wrong with me?

Thanks!

ps. There is a blender file that exceeds the upload limit. I put it on Google drive and hope you can see it.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OamRmgdX6vcIC4kGGPqel7qs2dM60qFt?usp=sharing

Snipaste_2019-05-17_07-06-03

system-info.txt (23.8 KB)
untitled2.blend (118.5 KB)

Thats because they changed the api recently and a lot of other addons had the same problem… You have to wait for an update.

Hi bop. The 2.0 version is only a preview and while we are working hard on it bugs and changes in api can break things yet.

A hotfix for it will be released soon.
Bye!

…one annoying bug i found in 2.8 is that selecting 2K, 4K or 8K a texture resolution gives an error and can’t create the image (something with the fact that Blender i probably looking for an integer there, like 512, 1024…). Probably you already knew, but who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the update. Now i can start working with 2.8

Bugs:

1. On the mac after hitting bake, there’s no progress display.
  2. It does render on the CPU, but only with like 10-20% CPU usage… (GPU does not work anymore on a mac :frowning: )

Is there a rough ETA of when a hotfix for this will be coming out?

Later next week

Check for erros on console please. We don’t have a Mac pc here so it can be a little hard to check

Hi!
Recent changes in Blender 2.8 has broken Baketool 2.0 Preview 1
Today we’re releasing a Hotfix for it. You can already download in the product page.

Release Log:

• Fix Color Management Bugs
  • Fix 2K, 4K, 8K texture sizes
  • Fixed Bake to Target
  • Automatic Select UV to Target when Generating UVWrap

Any doubts or suggestions please contact us

Bye!

2 Likes

Nice hotfix!
…one question: is there a way (or are you planning to implement one) to mass-select the bake target UVMap on all the job’s objects? Dealing with hundreds of them at a time and having to select the UVmap manually on each is a real pain :pensive:

Can the addon bake Bevel shader?

bpy.context.scene.BakeTool_Jobs.Jobs[0].job_objs.coll[0].uv = "UV-MAP 2"
bpy.context.scene.BakeTool_Jobs.Jobs[0].job_objs.coll[1].uv = "UV-MAP"
bpy.context.scene.BakeTool_Jobs.Jobs[0].job_pass.Pass[0].type = 'DIFFUSE'
bpy.context.area.ui_type = 'INFO'

There is no status bar, and it uses only 50% CPU (instead 200%)

finally there’s just 50% cpu usage, but nothing gets rendered

Thanks!

Hi Vitor,
With the June 11 version of Blender (a0608340ae14), BakeTool doesn’t work, see below the error message with Bake Individual mode.
Perhaps a recent change of API ?

------------------------ BAKE INDIVIDUAL -----------------------------
Blender 2.80 (sub 74) (hash a0608340ae14 built 10/06/2019 17:02)
Read prefs: C:\Users\Stephan\Downloads\blender-2.80-a0608340ae14-win64\blender-2.80.0-git.a0608340ae14-windows64\2.80\config\userpref.blend
found bundled python: C:\Users\Stephan\Downloads\blender-2.80-a0608340ae14-win64\blender-2.80.0-git.a0608340ae14-windows64\2.80\python
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Stephan\Downloads\blender-2.80-a0608340ae14-win64\blender-2.80.0-git.a0608340ae14-windows64\2.80\scripts\addons\baketool\bt_cyclesbake.py”, line 350, in ProcessBakeJobProgress
bpy.context.scene.BakeTool_ReportData.processCurrent = int(reports[“general”][“processCurrent”])
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘BakeTool_ReportData’
Read blend: E:\baketool.blend
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “C:\Users\Stephan\Downloads\blender-2.80-a0608340ae14-win64\blender-2.80.0-git.a0608340ae14-windows64\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 201, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
AttributeError: Calling operator “bpy.ops.baketool.bakeindividual” error, could not be found

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “C:\Users\Stephan\Downloads\blender-2.80-a0608340ae14-win64\blender-2.80.0-git.a0608340ae14-windows64\2.80\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 201, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
AttributeError: Calling operator “bpy.ops.baketool.bakeindividual” error, could not be found

Hi.
We detected a new showstopper bug in recent Blender versions. We will take a look to fix it soon as possible.
Bye!

1 Like