BakeTool 2.5 Released for Blender 3.0!

Great news! Thank you very much for fix and support,
except this issue BakeTool works perfect in our pipeline!

HI!
The inbox message system of Blendermarket seems unstable. it’s not working for me know.
The fix is avaliable for everyone already in the product page. Just download the last (1.43) version.
If you get any other problems using it just let us know. Also if you like baketool please rate us in our product page :wink:
Bye!

Perfect service, thank you!

We started the process to port Baketool to Blender 2.8 we will have more news about it soon. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi!
As was said in the last post we’re working in the new Baketool version. Due many changes we think that it worth to be considered the BakeTool 2.0 !
The main goal os Baketool 2.0 is to make a Bake system that is responsive and non UI blocking. following this goal we found that we need to make a custom UI too and that’s exactly what we did. This is how using BakeTool 2.0 looks like.

This is a early development version yet and things can change. If you’re already a BakeTool user and want to help us to test this next version before the release please contact us by PM.

Bye!

9 Likes

Hi. Are there any news about release date for 2.0.
It s really missed in 2.8.

yes absolutely great tool - without it 2.8 ist just not complete… Hope the migration works well

Yes this tool is essential for Blender 2.8, it is very efficient and it saves a lot of time, I hope we will soon have access to the loading of version 2.0

so here you have 3 fans for BetaTesting.)

does anyone have an idea how to bake
bent normals like the Knald ones.

. …While they do contain directional data similar to that of normal maps, they are actually more similar to Ambient Occlusion maps as they include a form of occlusion data via the bent normal

https://docs.knaldtech.com/doku.php?id=bent_normal_maps_knald_1.2

Hi Guys!
Next week we will have more news about :wink:

For Bent Normals. It should need some custom shader. I have some ideas about custom shaders bake for Baketool.

1 Like

We’re in a hurry to be next week, that’s good news :heart_eyes:.

No news :sob:

Hi cstfan.
We’re hard working in bring it soon as possible but it’s been quite a challenge to implement all new features desired and keep the code clean to future updates. It’s almost a redone of Baketool using the last version only as a reference. The good news is that most of the core systems are already working. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback, it promises a nice update, we are looking forward to it. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Hey.

Really like the pass review.

Does the new version import old BakeSet s from latest BakeTool version in 2.79b. Would be really cool. I have a lot of them.

As an proposal.
A mult-edit would be really cool.

e.g.
You have 20 sets. You select them all and when you change resolution or you or any other parameter it is changed in all sets you have selected.
There is a big time los by iterating through every set and doing changes. Mostly 2k to 4k or 512 samples to 1024 samples, enable disable passes…
Mostly you forget one.) and i takes up to 30min on big scenes.

If Multi Edit is to hard to implement some global vars would help too.

Also a copy of your created bakeset would help.
There are mostly similar settings only objects and name is changing.

And last one.
Simple Network bake.
Load same scene on 5 PC s. Destination Folder must be same network folder. Every Bake who is in progress creates a placeholder.txt file so that every other PC sees this one is in already progress i bake the next one in list.

Most of it at least. But we can’t guarantee that it will be fully compatible.

A mult-edit would be really cool.

I don’t think there’s something like multi item selector API in python blender.

Simple Network bake.

For network bake we noted here as suggestion. :wink:

a lot of baking.
seems like your are using big textures for realisitc ambiance/geometry. I tried with some lowpoly and its done well with 512 as my max resolution

We’re Proud to announce that Baketool 2.0 Preview 1 is Here! And you can get it 25% OFF During the Blendermarket Spring Sale!

All current users has FREE UPDATES as always!

Ver 2.0 Preview 1

INSTALLING:
After Install the addon you NEED TO SET IT ON AS DEFAULT AND SAVE THE PREFERENCES . Otherwise it will not work.

Release Log:

• New Core System and UI Redesign for Blender 2.8x
  • BI render was removed since It’s only for Blender 2.8x
  • “Generate Object UV” will generated non overlapped UVs for all objects in the list. If you want to use a custom UV you need to overwrite it (There’s a field for it)
  • New Pass System Modes. Baketool Pass are simplified settings, PBR ready and other custom passes. Blender Pass are vanilla blender build-in passes and settings.
  • Render Device is now per Job instead per pass
  • New Per Pass Color Space options. Automatic Color Management Handler fix many bugs in Baking with Color corrections.
  • New experimental “Create Eevee Scene” (Individual Mode Only for now). Automatically create a new collection with object list elements and Eevee materials applied with the result of the bake process
  • New experimental “Preview Channel” per pass to easyly check results when using the “Create Eevee Scene”
1 Like