BakeTool 2.5 Released for Blender 3.0!

Great add-on using it every day!
Can BakeTool be used with blender’s network rendering add-on to bake across multiple machines?

Does anyone know if baking is supported with network rendering?

Thanks and happy holidays to all!

Hi!
BakeTool v1.32 is just released and with that we have many bug fixes and requested features.
Check it out!

@@ITdreamer Can you please post those suggestions in our support forum? We have a nice place there to our customers

@@ronenosity We have a nice support to network rendering using renderstreet. You can find more information about it here:http://blog.render.st/texture-baking-in-blender-cycles-and-internal-now-supported-on-renderstreet/

Using Bake Tools Whats the quick way to apply the newly baked textures to all the objects selected in the game engine?

Problem: Once I’ve baked the textures for the selected objects in the current job, is there a way apply the baked images to the objects automatically? The only way I know how is to select each individual object and disable the current textures in the slots. Then add a new texture slot with the new baked image. Then you have to set all the materials to shadless, to see the results of the bake.

And if you don’t like the first bake I have to go back to each texture slot and turn off the baked slot so I don’t get a loop error. Turn on the other texture slots, Then set the material bake to shaded the Bake again.

Please tell me there is a quick and easy way to do this.

Hi! Saw that you post a thread about it in our support forum Thanks! I will reply you there. But to record a easy workflow is to keep two objects in the scene but it different layers. One configured to Bake and one to Show in BGE. When you have a nice result you can just delete the “Bake Object”
Bye! :wink:

Hi
I bought BakeTool few months age, i stil do not know how i cant bake normal (bake detail from hi poly to low poly using cage) using bakeTool successfully. Maybe i miss some step to make correct?

Hi Wiren,
Can you please post a thread with our doubts in our customer support forum? We will be glad to help you.
Bye!

Hello, I just purchased the addon and is pretty awesome!

Unfortunately I am having an annoying issue. I baked a scene with several objects in individual mode, combined pass (cycles). All went well, I have my textures where I wanted them. Then I did some changes and I want to bake again. Well now the addon is going through the process of baking again, but all the textures are black. It is clear is not baking anything because the baking are instantaneous. The scene looks ok. I also tried to restart blender, the addon, but nothing seems to help…

I tried to copy the objects is a new scene and everything works fine.

Is this some known bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance for any help! :slight_smile:

Up… sorry but I still have the problem. Some help would be really nice :slight_smile:

Hi @Bernardo
We have a nice support forum for our customers in BlenderMarket, can you post about your problem there? We will be glad to help you :slight_smile:

Hi,

I bought Baketool yesterday, and I can`t really bake objects at all.
Keep getting errors like:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\xx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\baketool_init_.py”, line 109, in execute
status = bt_cyclesbake.BakeCycles(context,self.OffScreen)
File “C:\Users\xx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\baketool\bt_cyclesbake.py”, line 125, in BakeCycles
ActiveJob.name)
File “C:\Users\xx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\baketool\bt_autopack.py”, line 31, in DoUnwrapper
bpy.ops.uv.smart_project(angle_limit=angle, island_margin=margin, use_aspect=True, stretch_to_bounds=True)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 189, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword “stretch_to_bounds” unrecognized

Bu I also had other errors. I tried it on a bigger scene, but on the simplest scene, with a cube and 2 spheres it is the same.
Any ideas?

Thanks

i am using it now and it is awesome!! one thing is that there is no progress bar to see how much baking is left… :frowning:

@bibusz
Make sure you’re using blender 2.79. You seems to be using blender 2.76 and it’s not supported anymore. If you yet have any problems please let us know in blendermarket inbox, we will be glad to help you.

@alborz
This is a limitation of python calls of bake process in blender. We hope devs can fix this for blender 2.8.

Can Baketool bakes with UDIM? If so, please explain. Thanks.

Not for now. UDIM is not available in blender yet. This will be available with blender 2.8 and we will check to implement it in baketool after that.

I’m having a hard time baking normals. The older video made with a previous version has a different interface. How can I set the target to my low poly object? The option isn’t there, instead there’s only an objects list with no way to tell the software to bake the high poly to the low poly.

Also, do I have to create a cycles material via the node editor or can I just quickly create it in the materials tab?

EDIT - Nevermind! Had to set the mode to Atlas. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a hard time baking into .exr-files. The resulting files are 32-bit exr float, but pixels are mapped to 0-1 value range, my scene lighting values are not preserved… Did anyone encounter same situation? Thanks in advance for any advice on this topic!

To illustrate the problem I have attached an image of a simple test scene, where you can easily read the values and see the difference. It would be really nice if I could get some initial feedback on this issue,
perhaps I am doing something wrong here.

Preserving scene lighting values in the bakes is crucial for my workflow.

Hi Polygonsoul.
You seems right. I will investigate it.
Thanks for report

1 Like

Thanks in advance!

Out of curiosity, did you also receive my message via blendermarket inbox?

I just posted here to eventually find help from other users…

Hi Polygonsoul.
Saw you message in Blendermarket today also. I made a hotfix and will release it soon but i will send to you the current version in blendermarket inbox system that way you can fix it for your work.
Bye!