Banananas

This is a little side project, my little son was the inspiration for. He once combined the 2 words banana and Ananas (which is a pineapple in my language) to banananas. I immediately had an image of the fruit below in my mind. After searching the internet, I found out, that we weren’t the first ones to combine these 2 words, but anyhow I thought it was a fun project.

I’ve been using geometry nodes to create the pineapple pattern on a roughly modeled banana shape. For this I used my “Tissue” node group and some noise to make the look a bit more natural. Another geometry nodes graph was used to scatter the leaves and to place the droplets. All materials are procedural. After rendering I used my Soda add-on to perform some light mixing and post-processing in Natron.

Wires:

Here’s also the full project, in case someone wants to have a closer look.
banananas.zip (1.7 MB)

40 Likes

Really cool !

I’ve seen your Tissue node but didn’t looked at it yet ! It’s an amazing feature on it’s own, I’m quite curious about how it’s done, but I fear getting my brain hurt trying to figure out !
Same with what’s available on your gitlab repo, I didn’t look at them yet but they’re on my todo
:smiley: Thanks a lot for sharing these, it’s super cool !

And the Bananas ! Super cool too ! The level of detail is perfect !
Where are you from ? I’m also from an Ananas country !

Well done !

Thanks for the nice words. Glad you like the image. Wherever you find time to try out my humble node collection, I’d be interested in your opinion.

I’m from Germany. I see your from Paris. There was a time, when I was quite often there. But not recently.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply !

Well, just scrolling through your gitlab and having a look at the picture I’m already amazed !
Each group look awesome and I’m very curious about trying them and dissect them !
I’ll definitely give you a feedback once I’ll do so, I’m just a bit busy for now so it’s hard to dive into that !

Cool that you’re from Germany ! If you come to Paris feel free to tell me and we’ll catch up !

So would it taste more like a pineapple or more like a banana! Amazing work of art btw, you mixed them together really well!

Excellent ! I love it. Great execution.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. About the taste, I’m not sure, I think you could peel it like a banana and it has an inside like the pineapple. Maybe creating a peeled version couple also be fun…

Sure will do.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cool, a Pinana

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #geometry-nodes category! You can vote for it here.

1 Like